What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

An Interactive Dracula eBook for iPad to Really Sink Your Teeth Into

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-oSERjIZG4U[/ame]​

With films such as Twilight and TV shows such as Vampire Diaries and True Blood being so popular, it seems like vampires, unlike their frilly shirts, never go out of fashion, so good timing indeed for PadWorx which will be releasing the amazing looking interactive iPad ebook, Dracula: The Official Stoker Family Edition, on October 18th for the limited time price of $4.99.

The eBook was built from the ground up on a proprietary game engine and endorsed by the Stoker family estate, putting a new twist, to say the very least, on the classic novel written by Bram Stoker in 1897. From lighting up the words on the page with a lantern, unsealing the mysteries of letters and journal entries, blowing the leaves off tombstones to reveal the writing beneath, and even using their own “blood†to reveal hidden text on a page, readers will bring the book to life page after enthralling page, and can also uncover several rare historical images, audio and film from the earliest days of the Dracula legacy, some never before released to the public.

The eBook will feature an original soundtrack as well as 21 songs from indie rock artists such as Adaline and Eve and the Ocean, with each song setting the tone for a different chapter from the book.

I have to say, the teaser trailer above looks really impressive, it’s great to see companies totally reinventing the old classics in such a way as to truly breathe life into them, no pun intended in this case!

Source: PadWorx

Flinthills

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is wonderful. I love finding the special effect to reveal the hidden message. I was hooked when I had to hold the iPad up to a mirror to read the passage.

Most reactions

Latest posts