What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

America's first bookless public library will look 'like an Apple Store'

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Looks good, Kay.

I'm presently reading The Complete Golfer, written by 6 times British Open winner Harry Vardon, in 1905. I wonder what Harry would think if he could see how his book is being read now. It would seem like magic to him. Downloaded over the air, and word perfect on a sheet of glass, including the original photographs taken for the book. The more
I read on the iPad the more comfortable I seem to become with it, and I could never find room to carry all of the volumes I have on the iPad if I were restricted to print.

TheRambler

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
theramblersramblings.blogspot.co.uk
Totally agree, but there will always be a place for those good old fashioned paper books, seems strange I know, but I like to see a book shelf in a house, I have certain authors who I have complete sets of there published works. We all need a rest from looking at a screen, and I find a good old book is very relaxing before I fall asleep.

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Yep, I buy a lot of e-books for casual reading, but for my favorite authors I still buy hard copies. PG Wodehouse is just more entertaining on paper. :)

OP
K

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks good, Kay.

I'm presently reading The Complete Golfer, written by 6 times British Open winner Harry Vardon, in 1905. I wonder what Harry would think if he could see how his book is being read now. It would seem like magic to him. Downloaded over the air, and word perfect on a sheet of glass, including the original photographs taken for the book. The more
I read on the iPad the more comfortable I seem to become with it, and I could never find room to carry all of the volumes I have on the iPad if I were restricted to print.

Amazing, isn't it? I was thrilled with my Kindle e-ink reader before iPad came out, and things have gotten even better since.

I still buy print books, too. It just depends on whichever form works best for a particular book. Like I'll buy print books for younger kids, some reference books that I know I'll want to easily flip through, mysteries that I'll read once and are cheaper than ebook versions at times, etc.

I spend lots of time away from home (though probably not as much as you do), and portability has been the best thing.

Bennettb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm a retired librarian and my public library is in my favorite bedroom chair. Thank you overdrive for letting me borrow books from that comfy chair.

Bobbi

Most reactions

Latest posts