What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Public Library

djeshom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I want to boorow ebooks from my public library. Ghe library downloads to Adobe Digital Editions. When I connect the i{ad to my desktop, the Adobe program does not "see" the iPad. What do I need to do?

Dan

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
You need to get an app from the app store that will allow you to (1) set up an Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) reader account and (2) access library books.

Two such apps come to my mind: Overdrive and Bluefire Reader. Both are free in the app store. Overdrive is specifically designed to [only] interact with it's library lending system, while Bluefire reader can do more. Both are great apps and since they are free ... why not get both?

Once you've got the app loaded and you open it, you'll be prompted to create an Adobe Reader account. This is the account you'll need to read library books (as they are "protected" with digital rights management, or DRM). Follow the prompts and establish an Adobe account. Then, you can download library books to your iPad.

Hope this helps. Give a shout if you need more info.

Marilyn

Czevski

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Does your library use an iPad app? My library uses Overdrive, and I've "borrowed" many ebooks from them and read them using the app. When I started using the app the library personnel spent time with me to get me going.

OP
D

djeshom

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Overdrive works great. Thanks for the help Marilyn.

Most reactions

Latest posts