What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Amazon Continues to pull the iPad's Pigtails in the Playground with new Kindle Commer

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
Amazon Continues to pull the iPad's Pigtails in the Playground with new Kindle Advert

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xIj5lpFQIK8[/ame]​

TechCrunch features the latest Amazon Kindle advert today, which yet again shows Amazon having a bit of a pop at the iPad. It shows some poor, hapless woman trying to read her iPad-alike table in the window of a coffee shop, but she’s having terrible trouble, because of the glare, you see! Then the very helpful young man she’s sitting with offers her his Kindle, which, hey presto, she can read perfectly! “Easy to read in bright sunlight†goes the message in the ad, as if we hadn’t quite grasped the subtle signs. Next we have lots of people running and jumping to show how light and portable the Kindle is, before the advert goes on to say that the Kindle has a battery life of up to a month. Somehow the advert forgets to mention that’s because the Kindle is just a reader and nothing more! If I didn't turn my iPad on it probably wouldn't drain the battery much either. Yes, it’s nice to be able to read in direct sunlight, and to run around carrying one in your hand and act all acrobatic like you're a member of Cirque du Soleil, but can the Kindle run apps, or play music, or surf the internet? I think we all know the answer to that one!

Source: New Amazon Kindle Commercial: “The Book Lives Onâ€

Last edited:

AceOsp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They could have turned up the rbightness on the iPad alike may have helped, of change tables. Lol. Why would you run around with a kindle in hand all happy. O would sit down and read like I am now with the iPad before I got on the iPF app. iPad wins I think

robertlc

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They could have turned up the rbightness on the iPad alike may have helped, of change tables. Lol. Why would you run around with a kindle in hand all happy. O would sit down and read like I am now with the iPad before I got on the iPF app. iPad wins I think

I used to go everywhere or "run around" all happy with my Kindle when I had it.

Then I touched an iPad in Best Buy. And I liked it.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's OK. Pretty soon you won't have any e-books to read on the iPad so things will even out!

Most reactions