What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Always head north?

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there any way to keep my compass arrow in maps always heading north when traveling? I mean it stays north but the actual map does not and it drives me crazy.

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Let me restate that. I want the map to act like its actually following my point of direction like a normal gps does. Very annoying

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Click the Star Trek looking pointer at the top dead center. It will switch to the mode you want.

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If I click that the navigation arrow will stay heading north but the map doesn't follow correctly meaning if I was traveling east, the map moves across the screen from right to left while the arrow shows north. I want the arrow to stay north like it does but I want the map to reflect that meaning I always want the map moving from top to bottom while my cursor heads north

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I just tested it on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. Clicking the GPS icon "in the app" changes it from an arrow to a sonar looking icon which then tracks me as I turn in a slow circle.

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I just tested it on both my iPad 2 and iPhone 4S. Clicking the GPS icon "in the app" changes it from an arrow to a sonar looking icon which then tracks me as I turn in a slow circle.

I will take a vid of what mine is doing

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
How do I change that lol just uploaded it to YouTube from my phone

No clue. I have never uploaded a video to youtube. Heck I don't even have a twitter, facebook or myspace page. :/

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
By any chance do you have Compass Calibration under Location Services turned off?

Skull One

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I could see you had the Maps app in "compass mode". So I am at a loss. I will try to play with it and see if I can figure out what is going on. Because I agree with your complaint.

OP
I

inline6power

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I could see you had the Maps app in "compass mode". So I am at a loss. I will try to play with it and see if I can figure out what is going on. Because I agree with your complaint.

Thanks buddy appreciate it

Most reactions

Latest posts