What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All my storage is being used for other

jdoon5261

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The "other" area is using all of the available storage space on my iPad. I have moved everything I don't use to the cloud yet the amount of usable space never increases.
I did a backup to the cloud and to a PC. Then reset the iPad. Then attempted to restore from the PC first and then the cloud. Both time I received a message stating that there wasn't enough memory on the iPad to complete the restore.
Next I reset the iPad and created a totally new account on it. with just the basic setup, nothing additional added, the used memory amount was 31.9 Gb of the 32 Gb total.
This whole issue seemed to start right after the iOS 14.4 update last week.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
John

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hmmm that one is very strange I thought a complete fresh install got rid of everything so maybe it’s when you put your cloud stuff back on ?

OP
J

jdoon5261

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I thought too. That's is why I tried a new account. This thing might just be a brick at this point. Apple want's a flat $379 to repair it; but it's probably close to EOL, so that would be a waste.

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I wouldn’t despair just yet there are people on here who know more than I ever will they will reply.

OP
J

jdoon5261

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fixed it. I guess it was a software firmware issue, not a hardware issue as I was beginning to believe. I was going to try and jailbreak it but in my search to figure out how to do that I ran across a program called Reiboot. It was $30 but I figured that was cheaper than a new iPad. I ran the "Deep Clean" . I think it reformats the drive then re-installs the firmware then the iOS. All I konw is that it worked.
John

Querty

iPF Novice
Reaction score
That is really strange I’m happy it’s sorted but honestly you shouldn’t have to buy a third party program to fix it.

Most reactions

Latest posts