What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Alarms and system sounds

Mike_73

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know it's about the iPad, but I assume settings are the same for iPod (which I bought recently as an "iPad on the go" as it fits better in my pant's pockets).

If I turn off the alarm sounds, I also have my system sounds off. So far so good. But I'd like to have system sounds off and alarms from the clock or calendar still sounding. Is there a setting I may have overlooked???

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
You can individually turn system and alert sounds on/off under Settings > Sounds. Look under Settings > Notifications to turn off alert sounds for third party apps individually.

That is using a second generation iPod running the current OS.

The same sound settings can be found on the iPad under Settings > General > Sounds. Hopefully a current generation iPod will have them in one of these two places.

Don't know if that is what you are looking for, but it is all I could find.

Most reactions