What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airprint stopped working with Canon Pixma

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
So it worked fine for about 7 months and yesterday it stopped. I can print from my computer when I attach it with the wire but my iPad no longer finds it via AirPrint.
Any help?
Thanks

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
Hello - I would suggest first that you 'power recycle' the interacting hardware, i.e. turn off the printer, pull the power on your router & modem, and 'Reset' the iPad - first re-power the modem, then the router, & finally the printer - let's know if this reactivates your AirPrint on the iPad; please post back your results and if not successful, then other suggestions can be made - good luck! Dave :)

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
No this didn't work. :-(

Hmmm - often corrects the problem described - sorry! :( Please provide some more information: 1) Type of computer & OS; 2) iOS version on the iPad; and 3) Model # of the Canon printer; also may want to explain the opening statement that you can print from your computer when you attach the wire? I'm assuming that you mean you were printing via Wi-Fi from both the computer & the iPad, and that since this problem you can print from the computer only using a USB cable - correct?

I own a Canon Pixma printer w/ Air Print - had to setup the Wi-Fi; now since you have power recycled the printer, please check the Canon manual for your printer (available on the Canon website) to make sure that the Wi-Fi is selected properly. Let us know - Dave

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
MacBook with maverick. iPad is using current ios. Pixma mg3220.
I can only print wired from my MacBook.

giradman

iPad Fan
Reaction score
MacBook with maverick. iPad is using current ios. Pixma mg3220.
I can only print wired from my MacBook.

Well, after checking, that printer is 'Air Print' compatible (as expected since it use to work) - make sure that you indeed unplug the printer and then re-plug; if so, as I suggested previously check the Canon manual for that specific model to see how to setup Wi-Fi - not sure that I can offer much more - sorry; if these suggestions do not help, then contact Canon (I've had some recent good experience w/ their support regarding printing directly to a CD-R) - good luck! Dave

OP
Ipad Now

Ipad Now

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It's back working!
I turned the printer on, pulled the plug and then plugged it in again.
Now my devices see it through Air Print.
Thanks for the help.

Most reactions

Latest posts