What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPlay was working great then just started shutting off on sleep!

iGirl

iPF Noob
Reaction score
iPad2 IOS6 - I've been watching a 3 full day long streaming web seminar from the iPad through an AppleTV3 perfectly - the iPad would play it in a browser and the display would go to sleep and the stream would continue - as it did all weekend and always has done on movies, tv shows etc. ever since I started using AirPlay.

The seminar is 10+ hours a day so I left it running - even though I turned the TV off when not viewing. Sometimes I would come back hours later and it wasn't running - no big deal...

All of a sudden, the 2 minute display sleep started shutting off the video stream!
The obvious temporary fix was to go to settings/general/autolock/never - but that will also kill the battery and wasn't ever needed up until this point.

What happened?
I thought that maybe turning AirPlay on from the main setting might behave differently than turning it on from the web stream - but this seems to make no difference...

Concas

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Same problem here. Streaming from my ipad2 to my Apple TV 2 worked perfectly even when my iPad went to sleep until today. What
changed? I updated the software on my Apple TV to the latest firmware. :(
I would really hope apple test their software releases more or at the very least warn us of the changes.

any solutions????

Most reactions

Latest posts