What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AirPlay on iPad1

W33D4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey everyone ,
Pretty sure I'm not posting on a good forum but I need your help, at least on "where to ask this"
first of all I cannot start a topic... How can I do that

Regarding the iPad I have a problem with the 4.3
The air play does not show up when I play videos? I that only possible on iPad2? :/

THX

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AirPlay should work just fine with an iPad1

See here

Apple - iOS 4.3 Software Update

If you have a specific problem, then you can either post a question or use the Search button near the top of the Forum web page.

If you want to post a problem, you’ll probably want to either append your question to an existing thread if your problem is related to the topic being discussed in that thread, or start a new discussion (thread). To do that, you need to navigate back to the ‘iPad Forum’ page (button near the top of the Forum web page), then choose a discussion area that you think most suits the problem you want to discuss - say ‘iPad DiY’, click to enter that area and then you’ll see a button ‘Start New Thread’. You can click on that and enter a title for your thread and the usual text box where you can type the details of your problem.

It makes sense to use a thread title that’s as descriptive as possible. So I wouldn’t call a thread ‘I have a problem’ because no one scanning through the thread will know what the problem is or whether they can help and, since there are so many posts made each day, no one has time to read them all.

So, instead, make the title of the thread as specific as possible - ‘iPad screen goes blank every 5 seconds’, for example would be better (though not as good as it could be, I have to admit) and then give as much detail of the problem as you can.

But don’t be afraid to post - all the Forum members are really nice and the Moderators keep them under control and make sure they’re well behaved and polite - well, most of the time!!

But just enjoy your iPad. Like any new product, they'll be 'issues' that will arise - first piece of advice, don't panic and don't do anything rash. I've read of people who have restored their iPads - generally a last resort - when the problem was far far simpler.
Tim
Scotland

OP
W

W33D4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Dear Tim,

Thank you very much for the detailed instructions and explanation.
I will act accordingly and come back if stg goes wrong.

Have a nice one,
GV

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
What other devices are you using for AirPlay? With the recent 4.3.1, AirView is no more detected when running on an iPhone for example. If you are trying to connect to an apple tv, it happened to me maybe once and had to power down the apple tv...

Also make sure that all your devices are upgraded to the latest iOS version, including the apple tv (4.2.1)

VicoPad addict!

OP
W

W33D4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using iPhone as well but not for videos. Even on the phone I don't get the air play icon...
Stg not workin out for me.

Will have to restart everything. Furthermore my apple TV is not working lately. It just doesn't do anything but blink white. Tried everything I found on the net, nothing worked. I start to think it just broke. I would be suprising though after 3 weeks of usage... :/

DrHouse

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.ws4dl.org
W33D4 said:
I am using iPhone as well but not for videos. Even on the phone I don't get the air play icon...
Stg not workin out for me.

Will have to restart everything. Furthermore my apple TV is not working lately. It just doesn't do anything but blink white. Tried everything I found on the net, nothing worked. I start to think it just broke. I would be suprising though after 3 weeks of usage... :/

If tour appletv is not working, that would explain why you do not see the icon for AirPlay. You need at least one detectable device in your network for the feature to show while playing a movie.

VicoPad addict!

OP
W

W33D4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DrHouse said:
If tour appletv is not working, that would explain why you do not see the icon for AirPlay. You need at least one detectable device in your network for the feature to show while playing a movie.

VicoPad addict!

That really explains...
Any idea on rebootin aTV?
As I said, no reactions on remote, black screen on the tv and a non stop blinking white led on the device itself?

Has anyone had similar sindroms?

OP
W

W33D4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
To reboot ATV 2 press and hold both the down key and the menu key.

Thx for the advice.
Tried it but unfortunately I came back to the same problem. The Apple symbol on the screen and a slowly (1blnk /2sec) blinking device... :/

Any further ideas?

OP
W

W33D4

iPF Noob
Reaction score
DefBref said:
Connect it to itunes via the USB and see if you can restore the ATV.

There is no USB on ATV :/.
Any other idea how I could connect it to iTunes ?

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
DefBref said:
Connect it to itunes via the USB and see if you can restore the ATV.

There is no USB on ATV :/.
Any other idea how I could connect it to iTunes ?

Yes there is, its a mini usb below the HDMI output. Its specifically there for connecting to your PC/MAC to restore it.

Would you not connect the ATV via ethernet cable to a PC/Mac?

For playback yes, but at the moment. he's trying to restore it.

jtrosky

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah - it has a micro-usb connector on the back. You have to disconnect the HDMI cable to get to the port though (can only have either the HDMI cable or the micro-usb cable connected - not both).

Most reactions

Latest posts