What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Airdrop never stops “Waiting”

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I attempted to Airdrop appx 2 GB worth of file from iPad Pro 12.9“ 2nd Gen to an M1 Mac. Each device “saw” the other - by name, and the sending iPad kept saying “Waiting.”
After about 20 mins’ waiting, I bailed and opted for the sneakernet option.

What could have foiled this airdrop transfer? Why so much waiting?

Thank you!

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
In my experience (mostly second hand) AirDrop isn’t great at larger files. 2GB is pretty big. It also doesn’t like huge lists of files. It’s best when sending a few pictures or documents of moderate size. Apple designed it so people could share files (like pictures) with each other. I don’t think they intended it for mass file transfers.

I was going to experiment a bit, but I’m having trouble finding files that large to work with. Just shows I don’t work with a lot of media.

OP
P

Padcatt

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Sounds like one should experiment in such cases by sending a chunk at a time…easy enough to try out.

Thank you!

Most reactions

Latest posts