What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AdventureQuest 3D Open Beta Announced

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score
AdventureQuest 3D open beta.JPG

Indie game developer Artix Entertainment has announced the launch of an open beta for its forthcoming MMO role-playing adventure game AdventureQuest 3D. The open beta officially kicks off on October 18, and offers players a chance to get an early look at ShadowSkull Tower.

AdventureQuest 3D is a true cross-platform MMO that can be played on PC or iOS and Android, and is due for release sometime in Q4 2016.

The original AdventureQuest was a single-player Flash game that appeared on Battleon.com back in 2002 that has actually had a major content update every single week since it was launched. It boasts more than 65 million players and still has a very active community.

AdventureQuest 3D was funded by a Kickstarter campaign that reached its goal of $200,000 from 2,000 backers in just 23 days.
"AdventureQuest 3D is more than a jump spinning vorpal punch of nostalgia," commented Adam Bohn, CEO of Artix Entertainment and Project Lead for AQ3D. "It solves one of the biggest problems with current gen MMORPGs. If you are like me, you now spend as much time on your phone as you used to on your gaming rig. If I am going to commit to a major game, it has to be a REAL game, and I would really like to login and play MY character with my friends no matter what device I am on. As a true-cross platform game, AdventureQuest 3D will change the way we play together. This is the reason the team and I are as excited to play the game as we are to work on it. If I am visiting a buddy's house and she/he is playing on their desktop, I can pull out my phone and effortlessly be battling next to them in game with just a few taps. We can raid a Dragon's lair under the dinner table, on the TV, or at the coffee shop. Devices are powerful enough now that we can deliver the same experience across phones, tablets, and computers-and our on-joining epic and joke-laced content releases will always keep the game fresh and interesting."

Here are some of the game’s key features:
  • True cross-platform game play (PC/Mac/Android/Apple iOS... and more to come)
  • Persistent online world
  • Real-time combat
  • PvP Arena
  • Chat and Emotes
  • Multi-class system
  • Weapon and item fusion
  • Party, Solo, Two-player, and large group adventures
  • Summon/teleport for friends
  • "Sidekick" your friends to your level
  • Self-cleaning game (mobile) to free up space on your mobile device
  • Ever evolving world and storyline through regular updates (It's kind of our thing)
SourceS: Artix, AdventureQuest 3D | Home

Most reactions

Latest posts