What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

advanced app removal help

Badomen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
First off, very new with ipads so go easy. Actually trying to fix an ipad for a friend.

I have an app called Talking tom cat. I can see the cat face icon and a waiting message under the icon.

I want to remove it. I tried pressing down on the icon to get the "X" but there is none.
Under option i turned the restrictions off.
I also help the button at the top and powered off the ipad to no avail.

When i connect it to my laptop, i cant remove it via itunes either. Though i could see "talking tom cats 2" as well even though i couldnt see it on the ipad which is kinda strange.

Anyway am i right to assume it some apple thing and i wont be able to remove it until i connect to a wifi connect (no avail here that i can test) or could it be something that i will need to take it into a store and get fixed.

Any help would be much awesome!

one_crazy_dude

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Have you turned off the iPad and then turn it back on? I have had this happen to me and a quick restart the app was installed and worked,and was able to be deleted later on.

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
And, if turning the iPad off/on (as suggested by one_crazy_dude) doesn't work, try a full reboot:

Hold both the sleep and home buttons until the screen goes dark and the white apple logo appears (the slide to unlock screen may or may not appear; and it may take a moment before the logo appears). Once the white logo appears, release the buttons. After a while, your homescreen will appear.

It may take a while for the homescreen to appear after you get the white apple. Don't worry and have patience, it will come back.

Now try to delete the app. It work? Let us know how you get on.

Marilyn

richsadams

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If other's suggestions don't work, try this...connect your iPad to your computer and open iTunes. After your iPad performs a backup and sync, click on "Apps" in the left-hand column of iTunes (not your iPad or "Apps" in the iPad sync area).

Find the app in question and right or control-click on it. Click on delete and send it to the trash and remove the file completely. Re-sync your iPad and the App should disappear.

Hope that helps and let us know how it goes!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts