What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adobe Launches Flash Media Server and Flash Access for iOS

Status
Not open for further replies.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
It's a good interim solution for content providers who want add the ability to server iOS devices but are not yet ready (for whatever reason) to migrate their site and content to HTML 5.

And it will give Adobe a little more time to transition from selling the premier Flash development suite to selling the premier HTML 5 development suite. ;)

Reading their software announcements and enhancements over the last year or so suggests this is where they are heading.

idave23

iPF Noob
Reaction score
And so it goes...:(

Not any more, My Friend. Stay on topic people. We are not to turn this thread into a flash discussion/ipad vs. Android. Not going to say it again. Appropriate sanctions will be distributed. Edited by Moderator ~

Last edited by a moderator:

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
"occasionally"? BS, I come across it every day! It is ridiculous. I hate the fact that Apple doesn't give me the choice. I mean, I am only 37 so I can kind of understand why they need to make the decision for me. :(

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
They made you buy the iPad? It wasn't your choice? If you want flash ~Apple products may not be for you.

If you wanted flash you shouldn't have bought it.;)

Ncaissie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes they made me buy it. It was the only real option at the time.

64GB 3G White iPad

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple can't make anyone buy anything. You can choose to go without a tablet or buy something else. You apparently decided an iPad was your best option, but that was a choice you made.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, many people have accused of supporting HTML 5 instead of Flash because Apple would make money off HTML 5. A recent business report says that wholesale adoption of HTML 5 will cost Apple a lot of money. That is because instead of buying apps through iTunes, they can download them directly off the HTML 5 web sites and eliminate Apple's 30% cut.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Interestingly enough, many people have accused of supporting HTML 5 instead of Flash because Apple would make money off HTML 5. A recent business report says that wholesale adoption of HTML 5 will cost Apple a lot of money. That is because instead of buying apps through iTunes, they can download them directly off the HTML 5 web sites and eliminate Apple's 30% cut.

Wow, a company accused of wanting to make money?! An outrage.

Whatever the reason, they've made clear that they won't support it, so if Flash is important, don't buy an iPad.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I recently read an article in BusinessInsider that explained the way Flash works. And the simple explanation is that when they designed Flash, the computer and electronics industry had no idea of what was to come. They took the formats they had, and made them work with the machines they knew about. And most videos were made in a format that is not able to function properly on any tablet or smart phone. And to make it work requires lots of power, electrical and processing. they can install patches to improve the performance, but it is like trying to get a goat to produce cow's milk in large quantities.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A new article today about Windows 8 says that it will not support Flash in mobile devices.
“The Metro style browser in Windows 8 is as HTML5-only as possible, and plug-in free,” said Hachamovitch. “The experience that plug-ins provide today is not a good match with Metro style browsing and the modern HTML5 Web.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Most reactions

Latest posts