What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessories for the iPad

komobu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi;

I just ordered my iPad4 from the Apple Store. I should receive it on the 10th! What accessories should I look into? Looking for any must haves or nice to haves. I am thinking I will need a car power supply right off the bat. I have an Iphone 4. Will the car charger that I have for my Iphone4 work in my iPad?

Thanks for any help/recomendations

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
komobu said:
Hi;

I just ordered my iPad4 from the Apple Store. I should receive it on the 10th! What accessories should I look into? Looking for any must haves or nice to haves. I am thinking I will need a car power supply right off the bat. I have an Iphone 4. Will the car charger that I have for my Iphone4 work in my iPad?

Thanks for any help/recomendations

It will work, but it will be slow. I suggest you get a car charger that supplies 5v at 2.1a, which is what the iPad, which its much larger battery, was designed to use. In fact, the iPad 4, comes with a 12w charger, to help lower recharge times. The iPhone can work fine on this same charger.

Starwars5000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A protective case is nice if you travel, or if you're a clumsy person like me. I can only reccomend one case, since its the only one I own. That case is the Griffin Intellicase.

Hope ths helped.

Guitar4Him

iPF Noob
Reaction score
A keyboard case like the Zagg Folio is nice to have if you need to do a lot of typing. It protects the iPad really nicely as well.

buerkletucson

iPF Novice
Reaction score
A keyboard case like the Zagg Folio is nice to have if you need to do a lot of typing. It protects the iPad really nicely as well.

I second this suggestion......one of the best accessories I've purchased.
Apple TV is also sweet.....just got this today!

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:

I have a Apple TV as well and I am hooked on that as well as my Ipad

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

joenissan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It will work, but it will be slow. I suggest you get a car charger that supplies 5v at 2.1a, which is what the iPad, which its much larger battery, was designed to use. In fact, the iPad 4, comes with a 12w charger, to help lower recharge times. The iPhone can work fine on this same charger.

The charger itself from the iphone 4 will work but you'll have to use the new lightening to USB with it. The iphone 4 has the old 30 pin connector. The first thing I'd buy is Apple-Care+. $99 and it covers accidental drops etc. for 2 years. I also got the Smart Case.

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

That was fast! Seems like we were just talking about it!

Also, I am now hooked on Netflix--so beware!! ;)

kingjust35

iPF Noob
Reaction score
buerkletucson said:
Yea it's called Amazon free 2-day shipping. :p
Yea the HD videos and new movie trailers are incredible.......I love Apple TV & of curse my iPad 4. ;)

Real Talk

Sent from my iPhone using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts