What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Accessing Sites in US

madam

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am from Canada and vacationing in Florida for 2 months. I have my iPad 2 with me but unable to access US content, ie. Bright House app, network videos (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.)

Is there a restriction? Could I change a setting that will allow me access to apps and sites?

Regards

Frustrated in the US....love your weather tho..

leelai

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
madam said:
I am from Canada and vacationing in Florida for 2 months. I have my iPad 2 with me but unable to access US content, ie. Bright House app, network videos (ABC, NBC, CBS, etc.)

Is there a restriction? Could I change a setting that will allow me access to apps and sites?

Regards

Frustrated in the US....love your weather tho..

App stores around the world have different content but you can just open an US iTunes account to access these apps. You will need to create another email account, gmail is a good one as it doesn't signify a region. You will need an US iTunes card which I'm sure you could buy easily. Others have had some success doing this without an itunes card but I haven't found it to be so. You could try first and see if you get the none option for a credit card. The way to do this is to go into the US store and select a FREE app to download and then proceed to create your new account. You will also need an US address, I know others have just put an address of an Apple store there or you may know another. Have a look at this link
http://support.apple.com/kb/ht2534

Sent from my iPad using iPF

Most reactions

Latest posts