What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acase Leather Flip Book for Apple iPad 2 [Pics]

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For anybody who's interested, these are the pictures for Acase Leather Flip Book Jacket/folio for Apple iPad 2. I've had an almost identical case for my iPad 1 and I really liked the functionalities so I grabbed the new version on Amazon as soon as I saw it. I might do an impression or a review later on but, for now, enjoy the pics.

Attachments

• image-585787995.png
    image-585787995.png
    822.7 KB · Views: 485
  • image-3158500027.png
    image-3158500027.png
    762.4 KB · Views: 510
  • image-3546942079.png
    image-3546942079.png
    765.9 KB · Views: 523
  • image-2908810282.png
    image-2908810282.png
    719.2 KB · Views: 378
  • image-1822535689.png
    image-1822535689.png
    743.7 KB · Views: 462
  • image-3528772873.png
    image-3528772873.png
    718.5 KB · Views: 366
  • image-4072420135.png
    image-4072420135.png
    752.6 KB · Views: 490
Last edited:

bummpr

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for posting the pics! The stretchy, elastic retaining straps seems cheap too me...don't they stretch out over time and have your iPad loosen up from the case???

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
One of the reviews (Amazon) complained about reaching the buttons and said the elastic straps were too tight. Let us know what you think.

I ordered the Marware Microshell folio case from Macmall, but it's on backorder.

OP
J

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
bummpr said:
Thanks for posting the pics! The stretchy, elastic retaining straps seems cheap too me...don't they stretch out over time and have your iPad loosen up from the case???

I've had the iPad 1 version for a few months and it still hold my iPad 1 very secure and tight so I would think that it's the same here.

OP
J

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ColtsSN said:
One of the reviews (Amazon) complained about reaching the buttons and said the elastic straps were too tight. Let us know what you think.

I ordered the Marware Microshell folio case from Macmall, but it's on backorder.

Yeah. I read that review after the fact and was worried that it could be problematic too but it turned out to be a small deal. If you look at one of the pictures that shows the sleep button, you can actually see that it's slightly covered up by the outer band that holds the iPad's right side. However, it's not pushing the button down and the access to the button isn't really bad. So I don't think it's a deal breaker.

ColtsSN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
ColtsSN said:

Yeah. I read that review after the fact and was worried that it could be problematic too but it turned out to be a small deal. If you look at one of the pictures that shows the sleep button, you can actually see that it's slightly covered up by the outer band that holds the iPad's right side. However, it's not pushing the button down and the access to the button isn't really bad. So I don't think it's a deal breaker.

The case looks every bit as nice as the one I ordered, and it's available! MacMall originally said mine would be ready by 4/1, if it's not I may cancel it and try the Acase.

STi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Bulky and don't like the straps...There was a folio case i had for my galaxy tab that was real nice...alittle bulky but it just locked the corners of tablet..no cheesy straps.

OP
J

josun

iPF Noob
Reaction score
STi said:
Bulky and don't like the straps...There was a folio case i had for my galaxy tab that was real nice...alittle bulky but it just locked the corners of tablet..no cheesy straps.

It's no bulkier than many other folio cases. I have three different folio cases and I've played with most folio cases in best buys and Apple stores, and I'd say the size is about average. The most bulky ones were Incase's and Zoogue case. For $30, it's definitely more than worth it and it's just as protective as other folio cases.

Most reactions

Latest posts