What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Acase for iPad

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
I have been very happy with the Acase Leather Flip Book Jacket. It is a no-frills cover that flips up to hold the device in various positions. As a nurse who is aware of and complies to good ergonomic practices, the flat position is my favorite for typing. I can easily access the on-off button and plug the cord in without any issues. :)

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Acase-Leather-Jacket-folio-Tablet/dp/B003K0E6BG/ref=pd_ybh_25?pf_rd_p=280800601&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_t=1501&pf_rd_i=ybh&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1G8DSFCM34F0T720SFWZ]Amazon.com: Acase Leather Flip Book Jacket/folio for Apple Ipad 3g Tablet/wifi Model 16gb, 32gb, 64gb (Black): Electronics[/ame]

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I vaguely recall I may have seen this in a store somewhere. At this price, though, it is almost certainly synthetic leather (most likely some sort of vinyl). Some of the reviews/comments on the Amazon product page seem to suggest as much.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Well, with a device as ubiquitous as the iPad, there's always something for every budget.

iPadOhana

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are probably correct since it looks like leather but doesn't smell like a cow. :p

LOL...Doesn't smell like cow, for some reason that tickled me...But could be a little punch drunk from too many hours playing on the iPad...:D

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You are probably correct since it looks like leather but doesn't smell like a cow. :p

Well, I should hope not - cows don't usually smell too good since they don't bathe much (except when it rains on them.) But I have seen some synthetic leathers which look and smell and feel like the real thing.

HUNTER1

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have this case and it's synthetic or vinyl type. I haven't used it yet as I'm using the incase leather case. It looks good though.

OP
VampiressRN

VampiressRN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
vampswillowhouse.willowhouse.com
Thanks for the etsy link those are very nice. I actually have the one I do because it flips open and allows me to use the iPad in various positions. I didn't want just a sleeve. It is hard to tell what to do when you are new to a product, but what I have seems to work ok...just missing a fabulous leopard print...LOL.

tzimisce

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like etsy.com because if you see something you like but doesn't quite exactly match what you need, you can contact the seller directly and have something customized to fit at little or no extra cost.

Plus, these's something different about using an artist-designed handcrafted item, compared to a mass-produced item out of a third-world sweatshop.

Most reactions