What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Absinthed daemon

renamart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I’ve noticed a process (presumably a daemon) in my Ipad called “Absinthed.k94â€, I wonder if it’s a legitimate part of iOS or it’s related to the jailbreak program “Absinthe†(I never did jailbreak)

It does not disappear if I kill all Apps, it only disappear if I fully shut down the Ipad

Anyone knows what is it? I browsed various forum but couldn’t really find a definitive answerHi I’ve noticed a process (presumably a daemon) in my Ipad called “Absinthed.k94â€, I wonder if it’s a legitimate part of iOS or it’s related to the jailbreak program “Absinthe†(I never did jailbreak)

It does not disappear if I kill all Apps, it only disappear if I fully shut down the Ipad

Anyone knows what is it? I browsed various forum but couldn’t really find a definitive answer

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It's a standard part of IOS. Nothing to worry about. No, I don't know what it does, but it's Apple supplied (its installed to usr/sbin/ when IOS is installed). The resemblance to the name of a jailbreaking tool does not signify that it was the jailbreak 'wot installed it! :D

It has been suggested, but not confirmed AFAIK, that the naming of this daemon by Apple inspired the naming of the Absinthe tool by the Chronic Dev Team...

The untether exploit for 5.1.1, named Rocky Racoon, gets it's name from the racoon IPsec IKE daemon, which is vulnerable to a string format overflow exploit, so there is plenty to base the naming of Absinthe on the absinthed daemon... :)

Last edited:

ParadoxFX

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi renamart. I assume the iPad you are using is an iPad 2? I say this because "k94" is the codename of the iPad 2 and absinthed is an iOS process thats used with Audio/video apps, if I am not mistaken. Anyway don't worry I have the same process just with "J2a" at the end, which is the codename for my iPad 3.

Hope this helped.

OP
R

renamart

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yes ipad2; thanks to everybody

Inviato dal mio iPad con Tapatalk HD

Most reactions

Latest posts