What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

About Siri

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hey guys;

Ive been researching how to get siri on my iPad

I install Spire/SiriPort (Original) and certificate as well. But it doens't work! I hold the home button, nothing appears :(

Thanks...

Last edited:

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
The developer of Spire (chpwn) has pretty much decided he's not going to try to get Spire to work on iOS 5.1.1 (which then means the iPad3). Evidently, there are legal issues and the workaround is too much of a hassle (or impossible). According to his tweet, "it's 'impossible' to update Spire to support iOS 5.1: Apple does not host a decrypted copy of Siri for iOS 5.1." He has further clarified that there he has absolutely no way of porting Siri to unsupported devices in iOS 5.1 (this means/includes 5.1.1 also).

The long and short of it is that, AFAIK, there is no way to get Siri on an iPad3 running iOS 5.1.1. No such hack or tweak exists or if one does, it's a kludge that won't work.

Marilyn

P.S. As you talk about putting Siri on the iPad3, I'm going to assume you have jail broken your iPad. Therefore, I've taken the liberties of moving your post over to the Hacking section. Thanks for your understanding.

OP
srkhn

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for quick response...

There's one more problem I have: Spire cannot be seen on Cydia for removing from my device :/

only settings/extensions/Spire...

Mickey330

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
From which repo did you get that tweak? It may be that the repo is not loaded in Cydia. You'll have to load the repo and then Cydia should show it as an installed package.

After Spire shows as an installed package (under your Installed tab), uninstall Spire. Then, you can delete/remove the repo (as you won't need it).

That's really the best way of removing it as you may "mess" up the file system to just delete it without going through Cydia.

Marilyn

OP
srkhn

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's repo.siriport.ru... But I didn't delete that source, (actually I never delete any resource just in case). I'm going to try reinstall 'SiriPort (Original)' then uninstall. I think Spire came with it.

Danke.

HappyPelican

iPF Novice
Reaction score
For what it's worth, there are rumors hinting Siri may be coming to the new iPad when iOS 6 is released. I know it's a bit of a wait but possibly something to keep an eye on.

OP
srkhn

srkhn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Anyway. I'd better live with it harmless thing until iOS6 release :)

Thanks everybody...

Last edited:

gresh14

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Like you,said I'd Just wait and see if it comes out in he next update. Have it on my iPhones 4s it's really not that exciting. More of a gimmick than anything it's easier to just do the stuff yourself than bother with Siri

Most reactions

Latest posts