What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AAPL stock up, should you still buy?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not be buying stock now because it is at the wrong time. I am not a big stock investor anyway, but I know when to buy and not to buy. Right now, Apple is on a hype. For a short period, day traders have a chance to make some money, but the best deals were months ago before the iPad was introduced.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I would not be buying stock now because it is at the wrong time. I am not a big stock investor anyway, but I know when to buy and not to buy. Right now, Apple is on a hype. For a short period, day traders have a chance to make some money, but the best deals were months ago before the iPad was introduced.

If you have confidence that the price is going to decrease then why not just short the stock?

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did not say I thought it would go down. I just don't think it will be worth buying and then selling. It will have normal ups and downs, but nothing that makes me want to go out and buy stock. The one time that I wanted to buy Apple stock was years ago when Jobs returned to the fold. If I had the money then, I would have bought all I could afford.

rudeman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple stock will continue to rise. Many new great products in the pipeline like the Macbook Pro, iMac and iPhone. Plus apps, books, music, software, movies and money from iPhone usage coming in. Cash cows. Profits will be up higher an expected April 12 quarter results come out

There may be some profit taking but that will only mean a buy opportunity

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here is a link to a YouTube video that explains the basics of economic growth. After watching this the viewer should have an understanding of what the problems with the US economy are and why assets based on US dollars should be avoided.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFxvy9XyUtg"]How an Economy Grows and Why It Doesn't [/ame]

nelso1cb

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just saw this thread, from about 6 months ago, today.

Since so many people suggested that they would not buy the stock then, how would you feel now considering the stock has risen by about $50? Also with the plausible iPhone release with Verizon (possibly iPhone 5), would you buy now?

Most reactions