What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

AAPL stock up, should you still buy?

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
ipad-salsa.jpg

For those of us who dabble in the stock market there is a burning question: Apple stock is up huge this year, is it too late to cash in?

My personal opinion is no, it's not yet too late even with the meteoric rise of AAPL stock.

I'm not the only one either, Jim Cramer as well as a number of other notable investors seem to think there is still plenty of room for the stock to go up as well. The following link is a great collection of some news stories that discuss the issue in more detail:

http://static.tbiresearch.com/image/4bb5e5b67f8b9a305df40c00-288-216/ipad-salsa.jpg

kravdog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My gut tells me that the iPad is due for some negative press over the next month or so... Wireless/other gen1 issues... Because of this, the stock should retreat a bit, but all the while, people will be buying these wonderful tablets and competitors will put out junk, and eventually the stock will see the growth you speak of.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Nope - I wouldn't. Chances are that most of the savvy insider folks have already bought low. They're waiting for the final high to either sell quickly, short when the stock starts to fall, or, wait for a 2 to 1 or 3 to 1 split. I would be very afraid to jump into Apple right now. After it splits, maybe then.

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Apple has too much exposure to the American consumer to even be considered.

The US consumer has already borrowed and spent his way into oblivion. It is my understanding that Apple was giving free 12 month financing on purchases over $1,000.00. This is exactly what we don't need.

People should be saving not borrowing.

Exactly how does the portion of US dollars that end up in China for each iPad sale come back here? Aside from the Chinese purchasing our real estate and businesses, they don't.

When the currency crisis hits, which it will in less than 36 months, the purchasing power of your paper based US assets will be down by 70%.

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The US consumer has already borrowed and spent his way into oblivion. It is my understanding that Apple was giving free 12 month financing on purchases over $1,000.00. This is exactly what we don't need.

Exactly how does the portion of US dollars that end up in China for each iPad sale come back here? Aside from the Chinese purchasing our real estate and businesses, they don't.

When the currency crisis hits, which it will in less than 36 months, the purchasing power of your paper based US assets will be down by 70%.

What the hell does this have to do with the discussion about whether or not to buy Apple stock?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score

So the US economic will fall down, no borrowing , no business so more unemployed people

Exactly how does the portion of US dollars that end up in China for each iPad sale come back here? Aside from the Chinese purchasing our real estate and businesses, they don’t.

More than the double of the manufacturing cost …. and no social charge of the manufacture … just pure green paper …. no energy consuming, no pollutions , no risk in case of fail

From where did you get this STATUS ??

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before I get into this with you please answer one question so I can asses where you are coming from.

In your opinion who was responsible for the US financial collapse of 2008?

IpadOne

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Before I get into this with you please answer one question so I can asses where you are coming from.

In your opinion who was responsible for the US financial collapse of 2008?

The Tea Party!

I know is Bernard Madoff …..

@Sunny
Maybe we can say Lehman Brother ….

but if you think is the China gov i wish you good luck to explain that clearly with serious and strong evidence

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know is Bernard Madoff …..

@Sunny
Maybe we can say Lehman Brother ….

but if you think is the China gov i wish you good luck to explain that clearly with serious and strong evidence

The correct answer is:

The Federal Reserve Chairman at the time : Alan Greenspan
Now can you tell me why?

BTW: Don't be defensive, this isn't China bashing. In fact if the Chinese stopped buying up all of the United States worthless debt. they would be better off.

OP
JohnnyApple

JohnnyApple

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Guys, this is not a forum for political or economical discussion. Let's keep this on topic..... I respect your opinion and your right too it but lets keep this more on-topic.

Most reactions

Latest posts