What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Strange Problem

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Hello,

I have a strange problem for anybody who wants to help me with it. Please look at the attached photo and tell me what the heck is going on, and how I can correct the problem. I don't know how to explain it to you except the show it to you. Thanks for your help. FYI, that photograph came from my Photos app that is on my brand-new iPad Air which I just got last week.

Attachments

• image-360748659.jpg
    image-360748659.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 286

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Did you restore it from a backup? What's happening when you select the "Photos" tab?
I had the same problem when I updated to iOS 7 on my iPad 3. The deleted imported albums showed up, but they were blank.

First of all, try to reset it (press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up).

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Did you restore it from a backup? What's happening when you select the "Photos" tab? I had the same problem when I updated to iOS 7 on my iPad 3. The deleted imported albums showed up, but they were blank. First of all, try to reset it (press and hold Home and Power button until the Apple logo appears, release both and let the iPad power up).

The answer to your first question, is that no I didn't restored from backup. Second I tried your suggestion of resetting it by holding down the home button and the power button. It didn't work. Do you have any other suggestions?

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
There's a method that I found that can help, but with a lot of these folders, it will take quite a while to remove them.

Take one single picture with your camera. Connect the SD card or camera to your iPad - whichever method you prefer. Import the photo, but don't delete it from the SD card. Disconnect camera or card from your device. Open the folder with the imported photo. Don't open the photo. Choose "Select" (upper right) and delete the photo. That done, one of these empty folders should have gone. That way, you can remove them one by one. I didn't find a better method yet to get this done.

Hope that helps.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There's a method that I found that can help, but with a lot of these folders, it will take quite a while to remove them. Take one single picture with your camera. Connect the SD card or camera to your iPad - whichever method you prefer. Import the photo, but don't delete it from the SD card. Disconnect camera or card from your device. Open the folder with the imported photo. Don't open the photo. Choose "Select" (upper right) and delete the photo. That done, one of these empty folders should have gone. That way, you can remove them one by one. I didn't find a better method yet to get this done. Hope that helps.

Thanks very much for your help. I'll try that out. Do you have any idea what caused this? I'll let you know how it turned out.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Not really. From time to time, when I delete imported photos the "wrong" way, it's still happening to me. But in my case it's only one folder then, and I can easily deal with it.

OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not really. From time to time, when I delete imported photos the "wrong" way, it's still happening to me. But in my case it's only one folder then, and I can easily deal with it.

What do you mean when you say the "wrong" way? This kind of thing never happened to me when I had my iPad 2.

J. A.

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
It happened to me once or twice since September, and I must have done something wrong, but I'm not sure what caused this.

Last edited:
OP
Knightoftheapp

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
It happened to me once or twice since September, and I must have done something wrong, but I'm not sure what caused this.

I want to take this time and give you an update. I want to thank you for your suggestion. It worked like a charm.

You should know that I ended up going to the Apple Store after I spoke with you. It was really kind of a waste of time because they didn't know what caused the problem either and they didn't know how to fix it. All they said was that it was caused by one of two things either 1. Photos being transferred from my camera through an SD card. Or 2. having photos transferred directly into my iPad from my computer itself. But that doesn't make any sense to me because this thing is supposed to accept photos from those two places.

Their solution was to wipe the iPad clean. Including things from the iCloud. So at the end of the day, I would have nothing. They would reinstall the software. And I would have to input everything that I had on my computer all over again.
(Of course I have things stored in the cloud). I have Microsoft OneDrive.

For obvious reasons, I didn't want to do that. So I went home, tried your suggestion and it worked. Again, thank you for your help! You saved me a whole lot of time and trouble.

Most reactions

Latest posts