What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Question About Kindle

Knightoftheapp

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have the Kindle app as an eReader. It's great app and I like it very much. But is there a way to delete the three Public Domain books that Amazon gives you for free? I have no interest in reading them and would like to get rid of them. Thanks.

incapete

iPF Noob
Reaction score
You can delete a book in the same way as you do an app icon... Hold your finger on the cover then click on the red cross that appears.

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If you are in the list view, instead of the book cover view, you can swipe across an entry to get an Archive button for single books. If you press and hold a book you will get a minus icon next to all the books. You can tap on the minus to get the Archive button. This is quicker, sort of, for removing multiple books.

You'll notice that it says Archive, not delete. That is because it only removes the book from the iPad. It will become available on the Archive page, incase you ever want to re-download it. Permanent removal from the Archive can only be done on the Amazon web site. Unless you really hate having that book in the list you should leave it there. It won't take up any space sitting in the Archive (on Amazon.com's site).

Most reactions

Latest posts