What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A great addition to the SmartCover.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Does the Zagg shield work with the iPad2 and the smartcover?

From all reports right now the Zagg Sheild is not cut correctly, they will have to reset the production and make a corrected version.

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is the Bodyguardz back cover compatible with the iPad2 3G units? I don't see where they have a separate part number for non, and with 3G.

This is my first Ipad and it is 3G. What part is needs to be compatible for 3g? I put mine on last night, so if you tell me what to look for, I can tell you if it has it.

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The marware is the one I'm waiting on. But I'm going to wait till they're actually released.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

I e-mailed Marware and asked when the Microshell IPad 2 case would be ready to ship. They replied that it should be ready by the first week in April.

I have been eyeing this one for awhile now too, but I wonder, if the smart cover will lay flat against the back with this cover on?

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That's what I did to protect the back of iPad when I got it last week. It doesn't look tacky at all. In reality no one even notices them. Funny that people think they look tacky but then cover the entire gorgeous looking backside with tacky plastic. :)

But that's what I'll be doing as soon as I get the Marware microshell cover for the back. I just got top dollar for my old iPad because the back was flawless and had no scratches. I need to keep the new one pristine while I'm renting it. Can't wait for iPad 3!

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The marware is the one I'm waiting on. But I'm going to wait till they're actually released.

I e-mailed Marware and asked when the Microshell IPad 2 case would be ready to ship. They replied that it should be ready by the first week in April.

I have been eyeing this one for awhile now too, but I wonder, if the smart cover will lay flat against the back with this cover on?

The beauty of the smart cover is you can remove it in about 3 seconds. It will probably lay flat against the back, but it still just be hanging there.

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score

The beauty of the smart cover is you can remove it in about 3 seconds. It will probably lay flat against the back, but it still just be hanging there.

Yeah, I know, I have one, but I like to just fold it against the back, folded in half, instead of having to take it on and off.

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
What I've been doing is setting my ipad on top of the neoprene sleeve I keep it in in my brief case when using it to type up notes in meetings etc. so I don't have to worry if the table is too slick or a little dirty etc.

jcherepy

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Looks kinda tacky.. Would rather put Ghost Armor on the back.

I had Ghost Armor put on mine this afternoon. Went with the matte finish for the back. I had the screen done also. So far, I like it!

caparker418

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I think that's a great idea. I'm going to try it until I find my permanent set-up. That could be it, though...instead of over-complicating things! I do like the smart cover and this would allow to just keep it in a nice leather sleeve. Cool idea. Thanks!

RobGil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Smart Coverhttp://www.islateforums.net/images/smilies/confused.gif

My smart cover arrived today. My ipad2 April 8th delivery date. Is the cover worth the money as it seems very flimsy and I sprung for the leather too! No way to tell if I should return it and wait for another cover. Someone who has the cover and ipad2 please advise whether it's worthe keeping.
Thanks
Rob:confused:

dmaul1114

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My smart cover arrived today. My ipad2 April 8th delivery date. Is the cover worth the money as it seems very flimsy and I sprung for the leather too! No way to tell if I should return it and wait for another cover. Someone who has the cover and ipad2 please advise whether it's worthe keeping.
Thanks
Rob:confused:

I really LIKE my smart cover...but $40 is over priced. No way I'd pay $70 for the leather.

I love that it's thin, light and easily removed (I hate bulky cases, I'm careful with my devices and not anal about scratches on the back etc.). I love how easily and well it works as a typing stand and an upright stand for watching videos etc.

But $40 is pushing it given it's a thin piece of plastic (or $70 for leather!) with some magnets.

I don't regret the purchase as I do really like the functionality. But like all Apple accessories they are overpriced despite being very functional.

elgerber

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Is this what you are talking about ?
MicroShell iPad 2 case

I think this looks great !

Yes that one, but I am wondering if the back will lay flat and if it will fold into the stand properly with any extra thickness on the back.

Tarkio

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Is this what you are talking about ?
MicroShell iPad 2 case

I think this looks great !

Yes that one, but I am wondering if the back will lay flat and if it will fold into the stand properly with any extra thickness on the back.

If you look at the photo of the microshell you can see that the edge of the iPad is left open on the side that the smart cover attaches to. Also, Apple left plenty of flexibility in the smart case hinge. When the smart case is folded behind the iPad, there is almost 1/4 inch of clearance. I'm sure the microshell is much thinner than that.

jbcapecod

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the same thing with mine. Only gripe I have is the smart cover won't lay flat when folded over the back and I cant use it as a stand as is intended, but whatever. It's only temporary till someone releases a back cover that works with the smart cover.

Just move the ones on the left side 2.5" in from the end and the stand works fine and you can fold the cover over when you're holding your ipad.

Thanks for the great idea - I just bought the same things and they work great...plus they keep your ipad from sliding on a flat surface

Most reactions