What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A great addition to the SmartCover.

Metatrox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The biggest complaint i see about the Smart Cover is that there is no protection for the rear.

I completely agree! I want to make sure my device stays in great shape. So without buying another case or waiting forever for a good alternative to come out i went ahead and used this.

padpad-01.jpg

They are just little sticky rubber tabs i bought at WalMart. I would have preferred black ones to match the 3G bar but this works great!

padpad-02.jpg

I put them on all four corners. They were the smallest i could find. I would like to go smaller if i find some.

padpad-03.jpg

Close Up!

padpad-04.jpg

You can see under the whole thing. Nothing is touching to get scratched.

padpad-05.jpg

If you place them close enough to the edge they even protect when in "typing mode" of the SmartCover.

its great for me! maybe a bit tacky for some but i dont worry about setting my iPad down on a rough service anymore.

Rlarson_mn

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Another mentioned this idea earlier and I agreed with them and now I agree with you. As soon as my iPad 2 arrives it will look exactly like your pictures. Great idea!

Spaarty

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I like it. An easy, inexpensive way to help protect the back, without spending more $$ on another cover for those of us who already have the SmartCover. It might look a little tacky, but I would rather have it look that way than scratch the back up. Nice idea and thanks for the pics !!

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did the same thing with mine. Only gripe I have is the smart cover won't lay flat when folded over the back and I cant use it as a stand as is intended, but whatever. It's only temporary till someone releases a back cover that works with the smart cover.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

BigBerner

iPF Noob
Reaction score
MarWare cover

Just ordered one, they tell me it is FULLY compatible with the Smart Cover...looks very nice, costs 39.99, ships at the end of the month, black only...

the_john

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The marware is the one I'm waiting on. But I'm going to wait till they're actually released.

OP
M

Metatrox

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it's not the best looking thing but it's cheap and works great and really isn't that bad looking.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yeah it's not the best looking thing but it's cheap and works great and really isn't that bad looking.

Dont worry about what they say

That is a great Idea. As soon as mine gets here I have a Bodyguardz for the back, clear, so you can read my super l33t engraving.

kctay

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is the Bodyguardz back cover compatible with the iPad2 3G units? I don't see where they have a separate part number for non, and with 3G.

mx1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
To be honest, I do not know. Mine is wifi only and I ahve not seen it yet. As soon as i get it all up and running I will report back on it. But that will be after the 1st of April, I am sure.

I am kinda going on blind faith, and the money back option if it is not die cut correctly like the Zagg IvSheild....

kschles

iPF Noob
Reaction score
The marware is the one I'm waiting on. But I'm going to wait till they're actually released.

I e-mailed Marware and asked when the Microshell IPad 2 case would be ready to ship. They replied that it should be ready by the first week in April.

Most reactions

Latest posts