What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

7.0.4 jailbreak bootloop - any option besides 7.1??

blazer22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken ipad 3 wifi on 7.0.4. Yesterday, cydia was running some updates which resulted in a reboot and the ipad started in a bootloop. I was able to start it by holding volume up. I tried to restore my personal backup in itunes, but after the restore it was still bootlooping unless I hold volume up at boot. I have no cydia icon, so I tried running evasi0n7 1.0.7 again, but it said the ipad is already jailbroken. I ran it again anyway, but it seemed to have no effect. I also tried restoring with official Apple update 7.0.4 in dfu mode but that gives me error 3194.

Before I restore to 7.1, is there any option to retain 7.0.4 with jailbreak?

Thanks in advance.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I have a jailbroken ipad 3 wifi on 7.0.4. Yesterday, cydia was running some updates which resulted in a reboot and the ipad started in a bootloop. I was able to start it by holding volume up. I tried to restore my personal backup in itunes, but after the restore it was still bootlooping unless I hold volume up at boot. I have no cydia icon, so I tried running evasi0n7 1.0.7 again, but it said the ipad is already jailbroken. I ran it again anyway, but it seemed to have no effect. I also tried restoring with official Apple update 7.0.4 in dfu mode but that gives me error 3194.

Before I restore to 7.1, is there any option to retain 7.0.4 with jailbreak?

Thanks in advance.

If you have ILEX RAT installed, attempt to run the rat command via SSH. If not, go for Semi-Restore. If neither works, you'll most likely have to restore afresh to 7.1

OP
B

blazer22

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I had no luck restoring so I had to update to 7.1. Hopefully there will be a jailbreak before too long.

Ser Aphim

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. I had no luck restoring so I had to update to 7.1. Hopefully there will be a jailbreak before too long.

Don't count in it. Pod2g recently just said that they will only work little for iOS 7.1, probably even iOS 8 as apple already patched the exploit, so its gonna be pretty hard for then to do it. We may have to depend on other hackers out there.

willerz2

iPF Novice
Reaction score

Not for the A5+ devices. The iPhone 4 has a tethered jailbreak courtesy for RageBreak, but only for the 4. The iPhone 4S+ and the iPad2+ will most likely not receive a jailbreak unless @ih8sn0w decides to burn his iboot exploit by releasing a public jailbreak. Since the iboot exploit is patachable via software updates, he's holding onto it until the last possible second or whenever he thinks it's worth releasing

Most reactions

Latest posts