What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

64GB 3G Auth Gone

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
There have been numerous posts over the past week about account funds being frozen for iPod purchases. I ordered a 64GB 3G model on March 13th and about 4 days ago Apple tied up my funds with an appx $900 pending transaction.

As an FYI - Apple went in last night and reversed the pending transaction - so - the $$ is back in my account now. I guess they'll re-auth as we get closer to the end of April time frame.

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sigh. Anyone else starting to wish they ordered the WiFi just to they could have it Sat? I know I want the 3G but the wait is going to make me crazy! :eek:

-Greg

BassGear

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Sigh. Anyone else starting to wish they ordered the WiFi just to they could have it Sat? I know I want the 3G but the wait is going to make me crazy! :eek:

-Greg

Yeah right now the waiting sux...but when we finally get our 3G's, it's gonna be some of the "WiFi only" people that will be wishing they pre-ordered a 3G version....wait and see for yourself after we get ours ;)

HX_Guy

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-Greg

Best Buy...Saturday morning...
30 day return policy and no restocking fee (from what I've heard)

You figure out the rest. :D

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score

I hear you but I suspect it is going to be nuts there on Sat. I may wander by to try the display model and if they have one then we will see what the little guy dressed in red on my shoulder says :)

Sonny Burnett

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder why they reversed the 3G orders. Could it mean a later shipping date? Something tells me that iPad 3G = May.

Last edited:

fairoasis

iPF Noob
Reaction score

-Greg

Brilliant minds think alike!

fairoasis

iPF Noob
Reaction score

Brilliant minds think alike!

What scares me is the risk that you buy it and that 30 days later the 3G still is not out. Are you going to be strong enough to do the return ? :confused:

I've thought about that. Luckily I have two grown children and I'm sure one of them would accept it as a *slightly used * gift:)

OP
DavidNM

DavidNM

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't thing there will be a 30 day slip on the 3G models - Apple wouldn't do that - they're comfortable they can meet demand - think of how bad it would look.

Fact is that they charged all of the 3G orders in error wayyyy to early - and it took them some time to reverse the holds / charges. I'm sure about a week before release they'll start marking the 3G's as prepped for shipping and start hitting the cards.

To be honest though - I bet a lot of people would like the opportunity to just pay for the damned thing and be done with it.

swelson

iPF Noob
Reaction score
NO THEY CHARGED OR HELD UP EVERYONES FUNDS TILL THEY GOT ALL OF THE WYFI MODEL BUYERS THEN GAVE US 3G rs MONEYBACK THAT WAY THEY WERE SURE NOT TO MISS ANYONE WHO ORDERED THE WYFI

SLICK VERY SLICK

Greg G

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't thing there will be a 30 day slip on the 3G models - Apple wouldn't do that - they're comfortable they can meet demand - think of how bad it would look.

I don't know much about Apple's commitment to meeting dates. They said March in the original iPad announcement and missed it (even if just by a few days). They always said that the 3G would be a month later so that would lead you to believe that it should be early May but they have not set a date - thus my concern.

Most reactions

Latest posts