What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

5 Apple Pencil Tips & Tricks

iDan

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
apple pencil tips and tricks main.jpg
Despite its hefty pricetag, the Apple Pencil has proven to be an important accessory for creators and novices alike. Here are a few tips and tricks that you may not know about your Apple Pencil that will make the experience that much better:

1. Trace Paper

If you put a piece of paper over your iPad Pro, you can use the Apple Pencil to trace through the paper. The display will still recognize the Pencil’s movements and inputs. This works on most regular paper, but it may vary with thicker card stock. Either way, it’s an impressive trick and a really cool way to get started on an illustration.

2. Use It to Navigate
The Pencil is more than a drawing accessory as I use it for more than doodling or taking notes. Believe it or not, my workflow usually consists of using the Apple Pencil to navigate through web pages, apps, etc. You are able to use it to open links, type short messages, and even swipe keyboards like Swype and SwiftKey so you don’t need to lift a finger.

Continue Reading @ pastemagazine

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
I rarely use the Apple Pencil to navigate, unless I happen to already have it in hand.

The exceptions are a few websites that have unusually small controls. One site (sdr.hu) that lets you control a remote SDR (Software Defined Radio) receivers has really tiny controls for stepping the frequency up/down, and small targets for adjusting bandwidth filters. It's tricky even on a 12.9" iPad Pro. I'll often grab my Pencil if I'm spending a lot of time there.

Pinkpoison

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
I still haven't got into the habit of using my pencil, I feel a bit guilty for spending money on something I don't use.

Most reactions

Latest posts