What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

3g balance

arvirz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm from india.. I actually using AIRTEL 3G in my ipad3
How to check usage ...balance....

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm from india.. I actually using AIRTEL 3G in my ipad3
How to check usage ...balance....

Settings, General, Available will show usage of songs, videos, photos and apps as well as what capacity is available.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Even I have the same problem but available doesn't show me my balance(even I'm from India).......idk how to know the balance can you show screen shot?

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Look under Settings > Cellular Data

You'll probably need your account info, like your pass code, if it works like it does in the U.S.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Settings, General, Available will show usage of songs, videos, photos and apps as well as what capacity is available.

This is the wrong info for what the OP is asking, seems to me. OP wants to check how much is left on his/her data plan.

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
There is an app in the US appstore called Data Usage. It monitors your usage on cellular. Can't say if you can get this app in some other country, though.

You can also log into your carriers website and check usage. I find that Data Usage is very accurate when comparing the two.

You can also try Settings | General | Celluar Usage, but I think you have to regular reset the usage for it to be accurate month-to-month. The Data Usage app lets you input your plan start day of the month and duration, and pops up to remind you to reset usage (it keeps its own tally). It also monitors Wifi usage in case you are on a metered plan for internet.

Nikhil

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
There is an app in the US appstore called Data Usage. It monitors your usage on cellular. Can't say if you can get this app in some other country, though.

You can also log into your carriers website and check usage. I find that Data Usage is very accurate when comparing the two.

You can also try Settings | General | Celluar Usage, but I think you have to regular reset the usage for it to be accurate month-to-month. The Data Usage app lets you input your plan start day of the month and duration, and pops up to remind you to reset usage (it keeps its own tally). It also monitors Wifi usage in case you are on a metered plan for internet.

Ah it is there in Indian App Store but the problem is its rs 55 (0.99$).Any other suggestion guys?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score

That's like for checking accounts and stuff. The app I linked will track the usage of your cellular plan. Let's say you pay $x for 1GB of data per month. This app will track how many GB you are using and let you know when you get close to going over. I think this is what the OP is asking for.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:

Thanks AQ_OC that is one nifty app. Downloaded and set up in no time at all. Now I can stop going over my limit and avoid the very expensive overage charges.

The OB

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
This is the wrong info for what the OP is asking, seems to me. OP wants to check how much is left on his/her data plan.

Yes, I believe what seemed to you seems to be in fact correct. My apologies to the OP for misreading his/her post. And thank you for correcting that on the OP's behalf.

Most reactions