What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

32 GB or 64 GB

Ragnar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, new to the list and no doubt the info. obtained here will prove to be valuable. I am getting an IPAD for Christmas and my question is should I get the 32 GB or 64 GB. version? I will probably download books and a moderate amount of music and watch some movies. I am a pilot and will be using the app "Forefilght". I was wondering if 32 GB will be enough or should I go for 64GB?

Thanks
/R

Snarky30

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on what you consider a "moderate" amount of music. Do you know how many gigs of music you're wanting to keep on it? If you're someone that maybe doesn't have the chance to sync their iPad to their computer very often, since it sounds like you might be travelling quite a bit, you may want to go with the bigger storage option.

I haven't really heard anyone say "I wish I would've bought the smaller one" lol.

OP
R

Ragnar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess it all depends on what you consider a "moderate" amount of music. Do you know how many gigs of music you're wanting to keep on it? If you're someone that maybe doesn't have the chance to sync their iPad to their computer very often, since it sounds like you might be travelling quite a bit, you may want to go with the bigger storage option.

I haven't really heard anyone say "I wish I would've bought the smaller one" lol.

LOL Thanks Snarkey; I did a search and it seems everyone says if the 64 GB is not a budget buster then for that one. However I am still interested in what other people have to say.

Wolfpuppies3

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I'm very glad I bought the 64 gig version

I only have 28 gig remaining free. 353 photos, 14 movies, 8 books, a few magazines, 35 apps, and 2500 songs.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
There is no way for me to put all my music and audio books on my iPad; I have 85gb. I have 254 gb of movies and shows. No, there isn't an iPod or iPad that can hold my library at once. That's ok.

I have the 64gb iPad and I have 166 songs, 40 videos (movies and TV), 779 photos and 147 applications. I have 27.7gb left. I am glad I got the 64gb version as I don't have to worry about how much I upload. I swap movies out a lot, and I have found that with Netflix, I don't keep as many movies on the iPad as I would have done without.

Get the best item you can afford at the time.

MachThree

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Personally, for about the same money instead of the 64 gig WiFi version, I'd rather get the 32Gig WiFi+3G version (provided a monthly 3G plan won't bust your budget) so that you can get online from anywhere.

If not, just get the 32 gig WiFi - From the sound of it, 32 gig would be enough for you - to give you an idea, if you convert movies for iPad use they'll probably take 50% or so of the storage space they'd take on a PC, since you're reducing the resolution a little bit.

Even though we're only talking $100, the way I see it, you can put that $100 to an iPad 2 or iPad 3 somewhere down the road.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
Personally, for about the same money instead of the 64 gig WiFi version, I'd rather get the 32Gig WiFi+3G version (provided a monthly 3G plan won't bust your budget) so that you can get online from anywhere.

It isn't a contracted 3G plan, so you only need to turn the service on when you want to use it or take a trip. 3G also nets you a full GPS processor as well.

Veritas4420

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I went with the 32g and have 10 gigs left, I use air video for movies and my iPhone for music so the 32 seemed like the best choice.

USBill

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It sort of depends on what you need with you on the iPad. I have 1.5 DAYS worth of music, an evening worth of television, a week's worth of reading, a dozen reference books, a few dozen photographs, and about 150 apps.

And my 32gb ipadi s only 2/3 full.

If you want to put everything you have on your iPad get the big one, but I'd rather have the extra hundred bucks to spend on content, or a ZAGGmate, or dinner.

G.P

iPF Noob
Reaction score
OP, there are quite a number of these kinds of threads already available to you. I'm saying this genuinely not to be snarky, but if you use the search button, you'll find this exact same thread has been done a few times.

Welcome to the forum.

Most reactions

Latest posts