What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 wifi signals on Ipad

wbeasleyatsmu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is it possible to use 2 different wifi signals on an Ipad? What about if jailbroken? What if you are connected to a wifi signal and a jail broke app connects you to another wifi signal?

Also, do you think if you used a Repeater Bridge to split a public wifi connection your ability to stream would improve? Here's my thought process... in a dorm with a shared network connection you can log into both to boost your speed. Becauseee the ping time is going to be slow and you are sharing the connection. So, in doing this you could HYPOTHETICALLY cut your ping time by half almost (since your communicating on the repeater connection and the regular signal simeltaneously) and double your download and upload time. If there is a way pleaseee let me know, if there isn't tell me and if you don't let me know. Any input would be greatly appreciated, Thanks so much

Last edited:

dhewson777

iPF Novice
Reaction score
My understanding is that the wifi module itself can only initiate one connection at a time. If that is the case, jb would be a waste of time.

OP
W

wbeasleyatsmu

iPF Noob
Reaction score
My understanding is that the wifi module itself can only initiate one connection at a time. If that is the case, jb would be a waste of time.

Would it not make a difference if you could have the module believe that it isn't connected to a network while connecting to another or is this a hardware problem?

zphone

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No it cannot be done. Though you could improve your speed by connecting to a stronger signal to some extent if you have a choice. Most Internet speeds are not limited by your wireless router but rather the service you get from the provider.

scifan57

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have several available WIFI connections,you can chose whichever one you want,but only one at a time.This is a hardware limitation which cannot be overcome by any form of software manipulation.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Think of it like filling up at the gas station. You may have several pumps to choose from, but you can only use one pump at a time. You pick the closest one, or the one that can fill your tank fastest.

Most reactions

Latest posts