What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2-person 2-ipad games

Jhfaux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Subject: 2-person 2-ipad games

The setting:
My wife and I each have our own iPads.
We pick game X and install it on each of our ipads. We're using one family itunes ID.

She makes a move. Somehow I become *aware of her move. Maybe the board or screen is stored on a server or she emails me the move, ala chess.
Maybe we could create an new email account and set it up to "notify" each other?

We don't use Facebook and don't intend to.

The next day, I become aware of her move and choose my next move. She becomes aware of it a week later, makes her move, and on we go.

Games we don't have to both be on gaming at the same time. Not ones where we have to play at the same time on our own ipads.

I'm thinking traditional board games, like Scrabble, Chess, Go, Backgammon. And newer strategy games like Connect 6, Trix, etc.*Would some of these work that way?
Suggestions please.

DefBref

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
mobro.co
For scrabble try words with friends. That will work like you want.

I'm sure there are quite a few games that work asynchronously like you want.

OP
J

Jhfaux

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thank you. It works just right, especially since I'm ahead ...right now.
:)

Most reactions