What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 iPads, One apple id...question??

CheapCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope this is easy enough to understand. We have 2 ipads at our house and 1 apple id. I'm leaving to go overseas for a week and I'd like to facetime my kids while I'm there. Since you can't facetime yourself, is there a way to do this? Create another apple id and log in with that one temporarily? Or will I lose all the apps downloaded when I log back into the original account.

Thanks.

joeyteel

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hope this is easy enough to understand. We have 2 ipads at our house and 1 apple id. I'm leaving to go overseas for a week and I'd like to facetime my kids while I'm there. Since you can't facetime yourself, is there a way to do this? Create another apple id and log in with that one temporarily? Or will I lose all the apps downloaded when I log back into the original account.

Thanks.

Actually, you just need two email addresses that are different from the apple ID. Configure one address on your iPad, and configure the other on the other iPad and they can freely call each other without issue.

I actually do this using iphone@ and ipad@ my personal domain name.

Most reactions

Latest posts