What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2 ipad's - 1 icloud & find my iphone

nazar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
gudday,

have 2 ipad's (ios5) with "find my ipad" enabled and both accessing the same icloud account.... both with different names.

when i check on the computer, i can see the 2 ipads - but i don't know which ipad is at which location

is there any way of knowing which ipad is at which location????

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I have multiple devices on Find My iPad/iPhone and they're all individually identified by name.

OP
N

nazar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
identified by name??

have just checked with icloud , both just say "ipad"

just checked on the net,,,,,, apparently, i didn't actually give it a name :p

but i know how to do it now, thanks

OP
N

nazar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just out of interest, is there any way of locating a ipad with "find my ipad", when you don't know which one it is??

eg. via the S/N or ccid (as i have all of this recorded).......... - i know this will ask questions. but the post office seems to have misplaced my ipad, and if someone is using it - i would like to know

maleaco

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Make sure its not conflicting with any other names too

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
just out of interest, is there any way of locating a ipad with "find my ipad", when you don't know which one it is??

eg. via the S/N or ccid (as i have all of this recorded).......... - i know this will ask questions. but the post office seems to have misplaced my ipad, and if someone is using it - i would like to know

Wouldn't you be able to tell this just by process of elimination? You know where at least one of your devices is, right? If the other is in a different location, wouldn't that be clear?

OP
N

nazar

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Wouldn't you be able to tell this just by process of elimination? You know where at least one of your devices is, right? If the other is in a different location, wouldn't that be clear?

yeh :D that was my first thought...

but regrettably i don't know where the others are at the moment (except on "find my ipad"), long story, and trust me - you don't want to know:rolleyes:

i seriously doubt that i would be able to know which one was mine,, but it doesn't hurt to ask.

Blue92

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Are you saying that under "General - About" the two iPads have different names but in "Find My iPad" they show the same name?

Most reactions

Latest posts