What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2.2Gb file stuck on ipad

Basha7000

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I've recorded a video that's 2.2Gb and I can't seem To upload it to g-drive or back it up in any way.
It hasn't backed up on iCloud but I have the iCloud storage checked on.
When I try and save to g-drive I get a message saying storage low. I've got 6.7Gb available on a 32Gb iPad.
It's a first generation iPad I'm using.
Any help would me much appreciated.
Thanks.
Basha

twerppoet

iPad Fan
Reaction score
If the video was taken with the iPad’s Photos app, you should be able to copy it off using a computer. When you plug the iPad into a USB port on a Windows computer it should show up as a USB drive with a DCIM folder. This folder is structured the same as a digital camera, and should contain all natively taken photos and videos.

On a Mac, you need to use the photo import utility in the utilities folder on the Mac. Sorry, I don’t remember the exact location or name. Been a while since I’ve had my Mac.

If the video was taken using some other app, or is in the iTunes or Movies app, then you should be able to export it using iTunes on the computer, or iMazing (a third party iOS device management app).

For a file that large, on an older iPad, these are your best options.

Good luck.

Most reactions