What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

1st time using a touch screen

skipper

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just getting excited as the ipad will be the 1st ever device ive used whats touch screen. Also this is one of the reasons im getting it. Ive always wanted a touch screen device but there been too expensive for what other touch screens are for. Like the ipod, i was going to get an ipod but i wanted the best for a touch screen experiance and i thought the ipad was just the right size for this. Dont get me wrong im not just getting it for the touch screen im getting it for all the other things what come with it. But been touch screen confinced me to buy 1. It should be here by Friday as ive just got an email saying its been shipped :D.

Seadog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Touch screens are both a positive and a negative. Some items are missing so far on the iPad that I suspect will soon be added by software. They are going to need a scroll bar or way to deactivate some of the touch features while scrolling. It is very fustrating when scrolling to touch an ad or go-to item and have to start from scratch. There is also a need for arrow commands on the keyboard because we often cannot tap on a word where we can edit it properly.

iVan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just getting excited as the ipad will be the 1st ever device ive used whats touch screen. Also this is one of the reasons im getting it. Ive always wanted a touch screen device but there been too expensive for what other touch screens are for. Like the ipod, i was going to get an ipod but i wanted the best for a touch screen experiance and i thought the ipad was just the right size for this. Dont get me wrong im not just getting it for the touch screen im getting it for all the other things what come with it. But been touch screen confinced me to buy 1. It should be here by Friday as ive just got an email saying its been shipped :D.
I share your joy, it will be my first touch device also.
I reminds me of the first time I used a mouse in 84... And it's Apple again!;)

Bremen

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.bremencole.com
Touch screens are both a positive and a negative. Some items are missing so far on the iPad that I suspect will soon be added by software. They are going to need a scroll bar or way to deactivate some of the touch features while scrolling. It is very fustrating when scrolling to touch an ad or go-to item and have to start from scratch. There is also a need for arrow commands on the keyboard because we often cannot tap on a word where we can edit it properly.

Agree...... I really like the touch screen, but there is a bit of tweaking to do. It will take a little time, but I bet soon they will get it right....

MikesTooLz

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
Weather.Team
The key to apples touch screen is when you lift your finger off the glass. If you simply tap, it acts as a click. If you press and move on the screen it acts as a scroll. I have had no problems of clicking on things when I dont intend to do so.

pinch zoom and moving a page at the same time, is so awsome.

BethAsheville

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For new users of touch screen keyboards, you might want to check out the typing tips on tipb.com, with lots of tricks that aren't in Apple's documentation.

Wetstuff

iPF Noob
Reaction score
....Mee too; other than the USAirways check-in kiosk at the airport (where the ticket agents still help 60% of the travelers?!), I have no recent memory of ever using a touch screen before. Yet out-of-the-box, other than having the letters and numbers appear on separate screens, the iPad keyboard is very intuitive ..and wiping or swiping the screen is easy too. (with Mac's it's a rule: you do not RTFM ..'till you have to.)

...Now I just have to learn to wash my hands more often.

Most reactions

Latest posts