What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

10 Hour Battery Life?

merman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I did a quick search and didn't really find what I was looking for. (owner experience) Just curious if the majority are happy with they're battery life? I've mostly been connected via wifi and seem to be getting 5 to 7 hours on a full charge. No gaming. Mostly surfing and reading online. (email, news and weather, etc)

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Do you have the screen brightness turned up high? That will drink your battery like
Juice.

OP
merman

merman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
AQ_OC said:
Do you have the screen brightness turned up high? That will drink your battery like
Juice.

Auto-Brightness enabled and slider just a little past halfway.

Nicozuna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Mine lasts about 15 hrs I think, I usually charge it once or twice a week, nut then I just have the wifi model only.

L

Lunar

I get between 11 to 13hrs with screen brightness at approx 40% with Bluetooth and 3G switched off. Thats a mix of watching live TV, web browsing and viewing movies. No real issues with battery life here.
It does noticeably go down much quicker if I have 3G enabled, Bluetooth seems to have minimal effect though.

Reducing your screen brightness can make a big difference.

seneca18

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I usually get well over 10 hours doing internet surfing and light video. If I use my MLB at Bat to watch games it goes down significantly faster though.

Mikekan

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I get around 10-11 hours,brightness at 60%, location services off, push notifications on, all the time connected to wifi and 4G on when I am not at home!

Sent from my iPad3 using Tapatalk HD

OP
merman

merman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is everyone just keeping track of usage by watching the clock or is there a timer app out there somewhere smart enough to only count when the iPad is "not" in sleep mode?

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Is everyone just keeping track of usage by watching the clock or is there a timer app out there somewhere smart enough to only count when the iPad is "not" in sleep mode?

Well, isn't that what you're doing?

OP
merman

merman

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I guess, maybe I need to keep better track of time when I'm actually using the thing. It may be giving me better battery time than I'm giving it credit for.....

sir_ben

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I don't know exactly how long mine lasts but I can say that it approaches the said 9-10 hour mark. It's just my rough estimate because I use mine always to watch episodes of TV shows which run for a good 50+ minutes. I notice that after watching, approximately 10 percent (give or take) of my battery is used up. I'm also always connected to wifi with other services like notifications and location on. Brightness is at 70% or so when watching videos and below 50% on normal use.

To put it simply, if a full charge lasts 1.5 to 2 days before I need to plug it again, then I'm happy.

Note: I charge mine whenever the battery indicator turns red. I don't let it die on me. Hehehe!

tritium

iPF Noob
Reaction score
After I charge to 100%, I'll set the connectivity for both wi-fi and cellular off, set brightness to 80% and then start watching a movie. It stays at 100% for about 30 minutes, then decreases 1% every 6 minutes, so overall I'm getting about 10 hours.

jrwolfenbarger

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Battery life after OS 5.1.1

After upgrading to OS 5.1.1 on iPad 2 by battery life has dropped significantly. I have turned off FaceTime and bluetooth, but it doesnt seemed to have helped. Any thoughts?

Most reactions

Latest posts