What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

YouTube changed?

Nicozuna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hello all,

I was wondering has anyone else noticed a change with YouTube? In the sense that before when I would go to the site in safari and look at videos and put them to full screen it would go full screen like a movie, but now when I go to it, and hit the full screen button, it leaves the browser info on top, and I thought it might be just some videos, but it's all of them.

Thanks for your help all

Fid

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I think I am seeing the same thing.
When I click on a YouTube video link in Safari the YouTube app launches. Within that app when I go full screen there I a bar at the top with the "done" button at the left side. I hadn't paid it any attention before, but I think it was there all along.
I believe the YouTube app gets updated along with the iOS updates if there is to be an update.

Sent from my iPad using iPF - Peace

AQ_OC

iPF Novice
Reaction score
I'm seeing it too, though I can't be sure how it used to work now.

OP
N

Nicozuna

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It's different now, used to be like a reg. movie but now it's changed.

iJamesH

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Why isn't there a volume slider bar when you play YT videos through Safari?

jolie11

iPF Noob
Reaction score
yeah, it changed, YT leaves the browser info on top.

iJamesH said:
Why isn't there a volume slider bar when you play YT videos through Safari?

This is also what I want!

Redhotpoker

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi Nikozuna,
When watching a video on YouTube, to remove the progress bar, I just tap the screen and it goes to full page.
There is also a little rectangle in the top right corner of many videos mostly on other web pages that when tapped, expands the screen as well.
But that will also magnify many videos, so you will lose a good percentage of the screen.

Hope that helps

Chas

Sent from my new iPad 3 using iPF

Last edited:

Most reactions

Latest posts