What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Will Target Soon be Selling the iPad?

Maura

iPadForums News Team
Reaction score

Engadget has received some insider information from a mysterious "tipster" that might point to the fact that retail giant Target could start selling the iPad this holiday season. And Engadget's evidence for this theory? Well, the tipster has seen a list featuring a mystery product that has six different versions, that is due to go on sale on October 3. Engadget also has several photos of a Target PDA that shows that the item numbers of said six different versions of the mystery product have prices that exactly match those of the six different iPad versions. And, it's also listed that the item will be stocked in the Digital Audio section, which is where e-readers such as the Kindle are sold, as well as iPods. All sounds very convincing, and Target stocking iPads sounds like a very wise move, both for Target and for Apple! Engadget says that they're keeping an eye on the story and will report back if any more evidence is unearthed.

Source: Engadget

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wonder. I was at Fry's the other day and they told me they are planing on getting it.

I wasn't convinced though. He didn't quite believe what he was saying either, I don't think.

iPadCharlie

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It was quite a coup for BestBuy to be the only retailer other than an actual Apple store where you could buy an iPad, but it was probably a one-shot deal for them. Obviously sales at Target have been hurting, but I am sure they are still big enough to work out a deal with One Infinite Loop. Really... its all about the money.

Most reactions

Latest posts