What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Wifi analyzer

duginnz

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Is there a program still available? I regularly need to check sites I work at for wifi interfrerance and channel traffic levels and channels overlapping. Please help. Ipad 1 freshly broken. Os 5

Tim SPRACKLEN

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For a non-JB iPad there is no WiFi analyser available; Apple pulled them. But, since you have a JB iPad I believe there are some apps available in the Cydia store. As I'm not JB I can't advise on which would be the best, so I've moved it to the Hacking section, where I think you'll receive better attention.

Tim

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
WiFi Analyzer is available from the Cydia store for $1.99 and has recently been updated for 5.x jailbreak compatibility.

I don't use this app myself, so can't comment on how good it is, but it certainly seems popular and widely used.

tdrew

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For a non-JB iPad there is no WiFi analyser available; Apple pulled them. But, since you have a JB iPad I believe there are some apps available in the Cydia store. As I'm not JB I can't advise on which would be the best, so I've moved it to the Hacking section, where I think you'll receive better attention.

Tim

Does anyone know why Apple pulled the apps?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
tdrew said:
Does anyone know why Apple pulled the apps?

They break Apples strict rules on what apps can and cannot do, and using the internal hardware to sniff out wifi hotspots is something they don't like.

As an updated, I now am a user of the JB app "WiFi Analyser" and can say it is a most excellent tool!

nammi

iPF Noob
Reaction score
f4780y said:
They break Apples strict rules on what apps can and cannot do, and using the internal hardware to sniff out wifi hotspots is something they don't like.

As an updated, I now am a user of the JB app "WiFi Analyser" and can say it is a most excellent tool!

i have wifi booster installed from cydia .. will it cause any conflict if i add to install wifi analyzer ?

f4780y

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
nammi said:
i have wifi booster installed from cydia .. will it cause any conflict if i add to install wifi analyzer ?

No. Both work fine.

Most reactions

Latest posts