What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Who Drinks Coffee & Why

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
That sounds good.

My husband is making pancakes and coffee. I'll see if he wants to try freezing leftover coffee. He freezes chicken stock in ice trays for individual servings as needed.

Yes--I have done that with chicken broth also-but never with coffee! Now i have an iced coffee which is really good!!

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Yes--I have done that with chicken broth also-but never with coffee! Now i have an iced coffee which is really good!!

I wonder: Maybe throw coffee ice cubes in a blender, for a granita-type consistency, drench in chocolate syrup? Lots of combos possible.

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:

I do it with spaghetti sauce and Pattak curry sauces for when I just need a little for seasoning etc. The jars have a limited shelf life in the fridge.

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I do it with spaghetti sauce and Pattak curry sauces for when I just need a little for seasoning etc. The jars have a limited shelf life in the fridge.

My husband makes extra curry paste and spaghetti sauce from scratch, but he keeps them in the fridge. He also makes a garlic-olive oil spread (lots of garlic cooked down in olive oil that can take heat, and salt, it ends up as a spreadable consistency). It's great on eggplant and other veggies, spread on bread and broiled, added to soups, etc.).

Roy Rob

iPF Noob
Reaction score
skimonkey said:
Curry sauce...home made?

Not homemade ski, I use Patak's sauces ready made. I found them years ago in Top's Friendly Market in NY across the river, but since then they have come to Canada.....but I digress sorry, back to your coffee. ;)

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
My husband makes extra curry paste and spaghetti sauce from scratch, but he keeps them in the fridge. He also makes a garlic-olive oil spread (lots of garlic cooked down in olive oil that can take heat, and salt, it ends up as a spreadable consistency). It's great on eggplant and other veggies, spread on bread and broiled, added to soups, etc.).

Roy Rob said:
Not homemade ski, I use Patak's sauces ready made. I found them years ago in Top's Friendly Market in NY across the river, but since then they have come to Canada.....but I digress sorry, back to your coffee. ;)

Both sounds really good ideas. I never knew to freeze coffee and now curry sauce and garlic oil! Great ideas...and sorry AA for going off the thread!

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
Has anyone tried coffee jello? Yummy. I've had it chopped into little bits and used as a topping over shaved milk. (Shaved milk is a Taiwanese creation -- condensed milk mixed with water, frozen, shaved and topped with all sorts of goodies.)

Snowflake Shaved Ice (Taiwan) | Kirbie's Cravings | A San Diego food blog

That sounds fantastic, I love condensed milk.....is it a 50/50 mix with the water?

Those photos on the link have made me very, very hungry!

The Archangel

skimonkey

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score

Kaykaykay

iPF Noob
Reaction score
That sounds fantastic, I love condensed milk.....is it a 50/50 mix with the water?

Those photos on the link have made me very, very hungry!

The Archangel

I don't know the ratio. I've only ever ordered and gobbled, without asking questions, I'm afraid. Yum yum. I've made myself crave one now.

Gabriel1

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Kaykaykay said:
I don't know the ratio. I've only ever ordered and gobbled, without asking questions, I'm afraid. Yum yum. I've made myself crave one now.

Sounds like I need to do some googling!

The Archangel

Bob Maxey

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Has anyone tried coffee jello? Yummy. I've had it chopped into little bits and used as a topping over shaved milk. (Shaved milk is a Taiwanese creation -- condensed milk mixed with water, frozen, shaved and topped with all sorts of goodies.)

Snowflake Shaved Ice (Taiwan) | Kirbie's Cravings | A San Diego food blog

Jello is made from gelatin which is made from the cloven hoofs of the poor, pitiful bovine.

It is a ghastly process.

No, I am sorry. Jello is not good for the soul or mother nature. Can't you just drink regular coffee the way it is supposed to be drunk? In other words, with a little whisky?:D

Last edited by a moderator:

LannyC

iPad Fan
Reaction score
But Bob, after the rest of the cow has been turned into McBurgers and motorcycle clothing, would you have the abattoir just chuck the leftover hooves? How wasteful.

I prefer to think of eating jello as thanking the cow for its gifts of meat and leather.

Well, I suppose eating cow brains would be even more gratitudinous...but one must draw the line somewhere. Eww.

As for coffee-fixer-uppers (remember coffee?), Bailey's is good. So is Kahlua.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
LannyC said:
But Bob, after the rest of the cow has been turned into McBurgers and motorcycle clothing, would you have the abattoir just chuck the leftover hooves? How wasteful.

I prefer to think of eating jello as thanking the cow for its gifts of meat and leather.

Well, I suppose eating cow brains would be even more gratitudinous...but one must draw the line somewhere. Eww.

As for coffee-fixer-uppers (remember coffee?), Bailey's is good. So is Kahlua.

milliHelen: amount of beauty required to launch one ship.

I've eaten lambs brains once. Not an experience I care to repeat.

Most reactions