1. Due to the recent site upgrade, the iPadForums (iPF) App will no longer work. The new iPadForums.net website has been designed from the ground up to work perfectly from any mobile, tablet, or desktop computer using the built in internet browser. Create a shortcut to iPadForums.net on your home screen by following these steps: Create an icon for iPadForums.net

White screen in App Store

Discussion in 'iPad 3 Forum' started by spike13, Mar 25, 2012.

1. spike13

spike13 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi, I just got my new iPad 3. When I go into App Store, in the Categories page, can only see a white screen. The categories didn't load. Anyone has any advice?
  2. Lunar

Lunar Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Assuming it's not a online problem with the Apple store itself, which one can check by going into the store from your PC's iTunes, it may be worth trying a soft reset by holding down the on/off switch and the home button at the same time until it goes blank and release when the Apple icon in the centre appear on the boot screen... seems to fix 99% of wierd issues..lol
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
  3. spike13

spike13 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tried that, didn't work. Realized that the Top Charts page is also blank. Tried App Store on my other iPad, able to see everything, so it's not a problem with the store, just my iPad.
  4. scifan57

scifan57 Super Moderator Staff Member

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +1,931 / 1
    Do you have a live internet connection?Without an Internet connection,you won't be able to access the app store.
  5. spike13

spike13 iPF Noob

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Wifi signal: checked. Still no.... Everything else is working fine, just white screen for these 2 particular pages
  6. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    When all else fails give it a good reboot by pressing and holding both the home button and the power button while the iPad is on. You press and hold both buttons and keep holding them until the Apple appears. The slider will appear asking if you want to shut down, keep holding, the iPad will shut off, keep holding, finally the start up apple will appear and you can let both buttons go.
    • Like Like x 1
  7. backudog

backudog iPF Novice

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thats handy to know. I was not aware you could do that. ta!
  8. Lunar

Lunar Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes.. fixes 99% issues, though should only be necessary very rarely, otherwise it can be a re-install, and in this case that seems drastic just for one app, hopefully the reboot will have fixed it for him.

Also, in case your not aware, double tapping the Home button will bring up a row of all the recently run apps across the bottom, it's prudent from time to time to bring them up, and hold one down until they start to shake, and delete them all. It helps to make the system more stable stops stuff running un-necessarily in the background, and saves memory too.
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 25, 2012
  9. Mickeylittle

Mickeylittle iPad Fan

Thanks Received:
    Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Yes I only do this type of a non-destructive reset when my iPad is acting weird and a simple shut down and restart doesn't seem to help. Oh and as for double tapping the home button to pull up the recent apps list I hope everyone is aware of gestures by now. Can sure save a lot of presses on the home button. I use gestures to leave apps as well.