What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Where have my PDFs gone?

TexasAj

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost all my pdf annotate in my ipad2. I have not downloaded any apps, this morning when I opened ipad it started to do a reverse count then my pdf files were gone!!! I have been studying for 2 months and made highlights for a test in 5 days!!! ALL FILES ARE GONE!! I AM NOT HAPPY WITH THIS IANNOTATE!!!!

pixel8in

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I am using an iPad 1 with iOS5 installed. I have just updated iBooks to the new version and many of my PDFs now do not sync to the iPad. I can see the in iTunes/ Books - Library but they do not sync. They all worked perfectly before updating to iBooks 2. Do I have to resave all these PDFs again to get them to work in iBooks 2?

The issue was mentioned to the Apple techie and he admitted that he had not come across this problem before but will let me know of a solution if he finds one. My hope is that someone on this forum can help.

KaylaEva

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Recovering pdfs

Hi guys,

I too have recently upgraded my iPad2 to iOs5 and like many of you, went into my ibook only to find it was empty of all the pdfs I'd stored in there. I went back on to the iMac and found all my pdfs safe in my iMac iTunes account under the books folder. Its a tad faffy, but, if like me, you have some valuable pdfs you can't live without then there is a way. I opened up each pdf (double click) and then went into file and exported them into a documents folder (any folder on your iMac will do). Upon doing that I then just went into my email account and added each pdf as an attachment and sent them to myself. Like I said, its a tad taffy and there may be another way, but this way works fine for me!

Hope this helps some of you

msstormies

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I lost all books and my PDF,s and there not in my iTunes 8-(. Wouldn't make since to restore as there is nothing there right 8-(. So what good is I cloud then?
Bummer

Most reactions

Latest posts