What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What should I do

tmurray315

iPF Noob
Reaction score
So I'm just starting this thread curios to know who's has backlight bleeding and if it's okay. I went through two iPads already and all of them had light bleeding just got another and it still does plus a yellowish screen so I'm thinking about just keeping mine and just sending back my replacement and dealing with my bleeding it's not to bad I will post pics just wondering if anyone else has this

OP
T

tmurray315

iPF Noob
Reaction score
photo (11).JPGphoto (11).JPGphoto (8).JPGphoto (7).JPGphoto (10).JPG

L

Lunar

This has already been covered at length in your other posting on this subject, but I would say mine is about the same as your's, why are you taking a photo of it in a darkened room ? answer because thats the only way to really see it. :) Do you watch your ipad normally in a darkened room ?

The simple answer here is, if any backlight bleed is not really noticable in dark film scenes at your usual normal brightness level, then I wouldn't worry about it, if you can't see it in normal use what's the issue.. there isn't one...lol However if it is indeed visible and affecting your normal viewing then I advice people to get it swapped.

OP
T

tmurray315

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I know its not to noticeable but i already had 3 of them this must be a common thing luna does yours have backlight bleedig

L

Lunar

Yes, this 2nd ipad3 64/4g does have a little backlight bleed, about the same as yours I would say, but in normal use, and by that I mean normal lighting conditions and normal brightness levels it's not visible, and is definately not detectable in normal use, so I'm not going to change it unless something else prompts me to do so.

As you may have read, my 1st one was changed at our Apple store yesterday simply because on the 2nd day of use I started to notice a 1mm fine dust partical on the screen befind the glass. TBH it wasn't too bad as you had to know where to look to spot it, AIS I didn't notice it at first, but as it was there all the time and would be visible for ever more, and as I had reason to visit Birmingham, Apple Store in the UK, so was going withing yards of the place I figured I may as well change it.

BTW, my 1st Ipad3 had virtually no light bleed at all when viewed in the dark, so for me, though I resolved one issue, I came back with another, though in fairness I consider this light bleed to be less of a problem.. simply because it's not visible under normal conditions... IOW under normal viewing conditions the problem does not exist. Be honest with yourself.. watch a movie in normal conditions with your iPad set at a proper sensible brightness, and see if it's visible. If you can still see light bleed at the edges get it changed again.

It is very easy to become a little paranoid with these sort of things as we all want something to be 100% perfect, and in theory of course it should be. Only problem, some of us are more fussy than others, usually the likes of us who are sad enough to read and participate in these forums...lol In your mind your minor light bleed gets bigger everytime you look at it, and you likely cannot resist the temptation to check it over and over again.. in effect I am not just discribing you and me for that matter, but it's just human nature.. I would be discribed as being a very critical fussy person, so I can assure you, you are not alone...lol But only you can decide.

Me personally, I'm sticking with this one and not returning it again unless something else arrises, as mine is not noticable when viewing normally.
In fact, I have already decided in that event I will simply just go for a refund instead and stick with my iPad 1, which BTW also has some light bleed around 1 edge probably worse than this iPad3 but during the 18mths I've had it I've never noticed it...lol

BTW I noticed yesterday that Apples 2weeks grace period restarts from day of swap when they give you a new replacement, which is good.

But you still didn't answer my question.. Why are you photographing it in the dark? & of course we both know why, you would'nt be able to see it otherwise, read my reply above a second time.. and decide.. or on this occasion for you maybe a refund may be the better choice if that option is still open

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
T

tmurray315

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks luna for putting this in perspective i cannot notice the light bleed while watching under normal conditions its fine only time i can see it is in pitch dark. I am anal i do want things perfect im just going to keep this one i have apple care plus on this one i went through 3 already and they keep getting worse so they replacement i got im going to send back because it has a yellowish screen. I will stick with this the only problem is the light bleed. I see on this fourm there was a poll 87 percent said they have a perfect ipad so i was kinda dissapointed wen i saw my light bleed and others dont have this issue. Im fine thought because you put it in perspective about the whole situatation i dont think i will ever watch a movie in pitch dark anyways. Does the bleed get worse overtime??

Most reactions

Latest posts