What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

what exactly is flash?

accordlayingkit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I hear alot about this flash thing....what exactly is it because I go to espn and watch videos....

peled

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Adobe Flash (formerly Macromedia Flash) is a multimedia platform used to add animation, video, and interactivity to web pages. Flash is frequently used for advertisements and games. More recently, it has been positioned as a tool for "Rich Internet Applications" ("RIAs").
Flash manipulates vector and raster graphics to provide animation of text, drawings, and still images. It supports bidirectional streaming of audio and video, and it can capture user input via mouse, keyboard, microphone, and camera. Flash contains an Object-oriented language called ActionScript.
Flash content may be displayed on various computer systems and devices, using Adobe Flash Player, which is available free of charge for common web browsers, some mobile phones and a few other electronic devices (using Flash Lite).

Apple Think it is a bad bad program, That also can bring in lots of Viruses

MattIM

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Not the answer you were looking for?

Hmm ok thanks for that

If you take some time to look around this forum, you will find other threads discussing 'flash'. This is a very political and touchy subject. Peled provided you with a gender neutral reply. I bet that when all the holiday celebrants come back, you may get more emotional replies.

The only time I have problems viewing a website on iPad is when the website uses flash programming. In those cases, I come to a decision point: do I really need to know the information I can't see on my iPad? If yes, is it important enough for me to fire up my PC? Unless it is work related, nine times out of ten, I don't launch my PC.

Most reactions

Latest posts