What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What does "Dispatched" mean?

backudog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
I wasn't sure which section to post this in so if im in the wrong bit please move me.

I ordered the new ipad on the 14th march on Apple store, using thier finance..erm..thing.. and it originally gave me a 2-3 week wait (sometime around 11th april) the finance bit has all been set up and the estimated delivery changed to 1-2 week (27th march - 3rd april), then i got an email wednesday saying they could dispatch it earlier than anticipated ("your new ipad will be ready to dispatch on 2nd april"). Now what i'd like to know is when the say "dispatched" does that mean "leaves the depot"? or that it'll actually arrive at my door then? i was just curious as i was kinda hoping to get it before the easter weekend, as ive booked a couple of extra days off either side, so would be nice to have it to fiddle with over easter?
does anyone who has bought from Apple before (its my first time) know what Apples wording actually means please?

thank you kindly in advance!

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Dispatched means that a consignment has been assigned to a run. It does not necessarily mean that the truck has started moving.

Sent from my iPad 4 HD mini

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
KevinJS said:
Dispatched means that a consignment has been assigned to a run. It does not necessarily mean that the truck has started moving.

btw, I'm a trucker. That's what the word means to me. I don't know if Apple have a different meaning for the word.

Contra

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Website
www.offroadjunkies.net
KevinJS said:

Yup, it means it is assigned to a carrier and "possibly" sent out, but probably

Sent from my iPad 2 using iPF

OP
B

backudog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for the replies. so as they said it would be ready to dispatch on the 2nd of april,(and theres been no change in the status bit of my order online on the apple store website..erm..thing, im guessing i've got no hope of getting it before easter then? (im off work from the 5th and back in on the 11th but most of those days are easter bank holidays, so that only leaves three days for them to deliver, and i assume they'll not deliver over easter?)*sigh*

Last edited:

KevinJS

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
In my experience, dispatched can mean anything from, the driver is in the bar and won't surface for 3 days, to the driver can't legally get to you for 2 days so expect him later this afternoon.

Seriously, though, it's almost certainly on the way.

Sent from my iPad using iPF

OP
B

backudog

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just a quick update, my order now says it was dispatched today (27th) for (estimated, subject to change) delivery tomorrow! i'll believe it when i see it but still...WAHAAAY!!! :D soon i'll have my precioussssss.....

Most reactions

Latest posts