What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think you'll use your iPad for?

Reaction score
Going to use it (hopefully!) with some osc controller software for music making.

I discovered a star trek mmo app tho, not what I intended to use it for.

kylefei

iPF Noob
Reaction score
For me, that will be business mainly, I do outdoor sales and consultant for kitchen and bathroom remodels, and iPad got some really useful tools for my field:

Penultimate - draw sketches, dimensions, take notes from customers request
Dropbox - put all the sample pictures and products information from my pc to iPad
Calendar - appointments
Mail - duh!
Jump desktop - open files that i can't open from iPad, amaze clients.

B1marino

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Studying

Bought mine to put all my CPA exam study videos on. It's been very convenient.

Ipadwaukesha

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi folks, new to the forums and the iPad. I use my iPad for business and personal. I don't understand why people think the iPad cannot replace their laptops. Provided you don't need an optical drive or I/O. Other than that for me it has replaced my work laptop. It has really lightened the load while on the road (I'm on the road a lot). It's much more fun to use, the screen is fantastic. The big plus was having work emails pushed to my iPad. Now if there's a way to make attachments to emails. :D

thesoundsmith

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.thesoundsmith.com
I use my 16G Wifi+3G unit primarily as a 30-volume Fakebook, with over 7000 titles. Once the new OS is out and I can multi-task, it will also play the bass lines and orchestral backing tracks for my solo piano gig. I also have the Petersen Strobe Tuner onboard (and carry a tuning hammer.) Plus iTablapro, Amazing SlowDowner and iRealBook; together I have a VERY large-scale song selection capability (I know a few thousand by heart, but the iRealbook backing track feature really opens up the world!

For my PDA needs, I use the 4G Touch, I'm NOT going to lug that big puppy around unless I'm on the road. So it's primarily a pro tool (no pun.) I also will use it for watching videos and web browsingI keep a few games on it, but mostly use the Touch for that.

Reaction score
Soundsmith, that sounds like my musician husband's dream come true! Where do you get the Fakebook volumes?

Sarah Hastings

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.zanura.com
I use it for facebook, you tube, google, email, movies, music and everything which i use on computer. So I guess i use ipad as a computer :D

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
I just had another use for it this weekend. While waiting on a tattoo parlor to open, I drew out a mock up of it for the artist to redo more precisely. What was nice, I was able to show the original photo (1800 year old Pictish stone with a nice design), a rough line drawing, the high-contrast photo and finally the drawing I did (using Notes Plus) showing the more exact proportions I wanted. And no stylus.

Turned out awesome and was a great use of the technology to drive art. I dont think photocopies would have been able to produce the same results.

tattoo.jpg

letsappleit

iPF Noob
Reaction score
the same as my notebook or PC. The difference is that I can take it everywhere as I want, it is so light and so mini~XD

womp

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's an article on how doctors, automakers and restaurants are using iPads for marketing. "The medium is the message." -Marshall McLuhan :)

I have a photographer friend who uses it to show raw photos in real time of the person being photographed in the studio to friends and relatives seated in the salesroom. He said that he's never seen people so excited about any marketing tool that he's used.

RTomStudios

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Here's an article on how doctors, automakers and restaurants are using iPads for marketing. "The medium is the message." -Marshall McLuhan :)

Its amazing on what the IPad is doing. I actually felt guilty when I first bought my IPad thinking that I was buying into all the hype, but I am all hyped up on my purchase.

I bought the IPad for the sole reason of displaying my portfolio as a photographer at weddings, at client consultations and anywhere that I can bring out my IPad to show off my work.

After buying it though, I found so many more uses for it then just a portfolio displayer.

From air video to watch my movies in bed and at McDonalds using the 3g, to ibooks, to surfing the web and picking up my email, this has completely changed the way I work and play.

In the near future I'll be uploading the photos immediately to the IPad after the wedding ceremony and use it to display a slideshow of the wedding during the reception. This is technology at its finest. Of course I could have done it with a netbook or notebook, but this is just so much sexier...

I am now thinking of picking up a mini IPad (the iphone of course) just so I can have the matching set from Apple....

Most reactions

Latest posts