What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What do you think of the airport body scans?

Al Rogers

iPF Noob
Reaction score
It wont bother me one bit as I have been patted down and wanded every time I fly and that is about six times a year.
Maybe Al flies so much because he actually enjoys the pat downs!

Wow. I can't believe you said that, Scott. Can you ever carry on a serious, normal conversation? You don't need to inject jokes all the time, babe!

Just sayin....

I dont mind what he said,it only tells you that he would like to be in my place and have those hands all over his body.:D

Superbike81

iPF Noob
Reaction score
but how far do we go before we have lost all the rights when flying do they have to put into the leg irons and blackboxs on the handcuffs on a child to let them fly on a plane ..right or wrong it going to come to a head one day over something that sparks the wrong type of problem with the way we fly ..

If they want every single person to strip down naked and wear only hospital gowns during the flight I'm honestly ok with that.

I think the body scans are better than strip searches and even more thorough patdowns which would be the alternative. I'd rather have someone staring at me on their computer screen then someone cupping my big boy parts anyways.

BBSean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
No one is forcing anyone to be searched against their will.

If you would like to use THEIR mode of transportation for YOUR convenience, you'll have to follow THEIR rules in place to keep you safe.

If you don't like THEIR rules to get on THEIR plane, the solution is simple; find some other mode of transportation. :)

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score

If you would like to use THEIR mode of transportation for YOUR convenience, you'll have to follow THEIR rules in place to keep you safe.

If you don't like THEIR rules to get on THEIR plane, the solution is simple; find some other mode of transportation. :)

First of all, it isn't "THEIR" plane unless in the time I wasn't paying attention the TSA bought up all of the airlines.

Second, not everyone is flying for convenience. I travel a lot for business. Trust me, it would be much more convenient for me to stay home rather than flying to Europe or Asia. I doubt my company would allow me the extra time to take a ship either. The suggestion "Don't like it? Don't fly" is about a useful as "Don't want to die? Don't be born".

BBSean

iPF Noob
Reaction score

First of all, it isn't "THEIR" plane unless in the time I wasn't paying attention the TSA bought up all of the airlines.

Second, not everyone is flying for convenience. I travel a lot for business. Trust me, it would be much more convenient for me to stay home rather than flying to Europe or Asia. I doubt my company would allow me the extra time to take a ship either. The suggestion "Don't like it? Don't fly" is about a useful as "Don't want to die? Don't be born".

Maybe I can simple it up for you a little....

The planes are privately owned by the airlines.
You have no "right" to be on one, but you do have the right to purchase a ticket if you CHOOSE to get a ride on their machine.
To buy the ticket, you pay their price and (read the fine print) follow their rules.
Should you not agree to follow their rules and regulations, you're not getting on their plane and enjoying that convenient mode of transportation.

If you don't like flying because of their rules, but your job requires it, you have two options:

Get a new job that doesn't require flying
or
Follow their rules

Heres a couple more examples:

The convenience store has a sign that says "no shirt, no shoes, no service.
So you walk in barefoot with no shirt on.
Do you have a RIGHT to buy a candy bar?
The owner has no obligation to sell you anything and can have you removed from the store.
Don't like it? Go to another store that lets you buy from them.

You have to go to court tomorrow to fight a speeding ticket.
There is a metal detector you don't want to walk through...
You don't want a pat down for weapons...
Don't like it? You have no RIGHT to go inside...

Your friend installs a new carpet in his home.
You go over, he opens the door and tells you to take your shoes off before you come inside.
You don't want to take your shoes off. He asks you to leave and closes the door.
Do you have a RIGHT to enter his home or even stay on his property?

Hope this helps... first of all.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't have time to read the entire novel. I understood your point the first time, just thought it was BS. I never liked that type of reasoning. In reality, I need a job to support my family. I can't simply quit because I don't want some dude feeling me up. I don't personally have that big a problem with it, I just didn't like the reasoning, nothing personal.

Last edited:

epb

iPF Novice
Reaction score
Maybe I can simple it up for you a little....

The planes are privately owned by the airlines.

Since you're all for the rights of the airlines, maybe you'll help them stifle government intervention, since treating their customers like criminals wasn't their idea, but the governments.

In a free country, they should have the right set their own standards and people the right of choice to avoid them if they're as paranoid as you, or fly with them if, like me, they realize that TSA is mostly a government public-relations stunt to make flying look more safe to the ignorant and unsophisticated.

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
If you don't like flying because of their rules, but your job requires it, you have two options:

Get a new job that doesn't require flying
or
Follow their rules

Actually, I believe I will take a third, much more typically American option, or perhaps an amended version of the above. I will follow the rules and then complain about them. With all of the actual rights that we are losing in the name of safety, I'm pretty sure that is one I can still freely exercise. :D

BBSean

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Didn't have time to read the entire novel. I understood your point the first time, just thought it was BS. I never liked that type of reasoning. In reality, I need a job to support my family. I can't simply quit because I don't want some dude feeling me up. I don't personally have that big a problem with it, I just didn't like the reasoning, nothing personal.

Fair enough, i did take it personal with the dont be born comment.

I know you need your job. Its all good.

As for the posts about rights and stuff, it is a private enterprise. As far as the government stepping in, you know, its real easy to post that " government " is taking over crap.

When those people were running for their lives as the towers crumbled to the ground, that was their government, our government, taking over to save as many lives as possible.

Open your eyes a little and think about why, just why we might want to check a person getting on a commercial airliner before it takes off into the sky.
Think about why we have to keep adopting to information that comes in.

Sure you can disagree, but if you think your country is safe and sound, like people did on sept 10th, you certainly are the ones acting like sheep.

If you are paranoid that big brother is taking over your life, get out and vote for those that fight for your values.

OP
SweetPoison

SweetPoison

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Just sayin....

I dont mind what he said,it only tells you that he would like to be in my place and have those hands all over his body.:D[/QUOTE]

b9e6428b.png

DaveSt

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Fair enough, i did take it personal with the dont be born comment.

I know you need your job. Its all good.

As for the posts about rights and stuff, it is a private enterprise. As far as the government stepping in, you know, its real easy to post that " government " is taking over crap.

When those people were running for their lives as the towers crumbled to the ground, that was their government, our government, taking over to save as many lives as possible.

Open your eyes a little and think about why, just why we might want to check a person getting on a commercial airliner before it takes off into the sky.
Think about why we have to keep adopting to information that comes in.

Sure you can disagree, but if you think your country is safe and sound, like people did on sept 10th, you certainly are the ones acting like sheep.

If you are paranoid that big brother is taking over your life, get out and vote for those that fight for your values.

That is pretty much what I do, but somehow I always back the losing side!

I agree with the rest of what you are saying. It is an impossible problem, and any solution is going to be wrong to a lot of people. I wish there was an easy solution but I sure don't know what it is.

Most reactions

Latest posts