What's new
Apple iPad Forum 🍎

Welcome to the Apple iPad Forum, your one stop source for all things iPad. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Weird design issue on iPad

kminkeller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Hi I am new to this forum and also new to iPad development. I have a web page that works fine on my machine. Now when I access the same site using iPad Safari, my background image color is messed up. for instance, my background image color is always white when it is tan/grey with all my links white. So I cannot see my links either. All the other assets display fine except for the background image. I cannot view the page source on ipad either. So I need someone help me figure this out. Any idea or suggestion will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
OP
K

kminkeller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
This is an internal site for a company that I contract for. We use CSS with JQuery, JSP and Servlets. I have not played with other sites much on iPad as this is my first iPad assignment.

Thanks.

OP
K

kminkeller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
When you say trapping, we are tracking to see if it is a iPad or not. Based on that we have javascripts to handle touch events. How do you do this for style/design? Every other things seem to be fine except this one background image. When the page is loading it sometime I see that background image for a flick second and then it disappears. BTW, this is the code that has already been there and I am trying to resolve some of the issue they are having on the ipad.

Thanks.

deckyon

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Website
www.sturmphoto.com
No, they need to track that the BROWSER is Safari Mobile for iPad, not a normal browser. The code has to be changed to cover the new browser.

Has nothing to do with "touch" or anything else, it is all in the code.

OP
K

kminkeller

iPF Noob
Reaction score
Thanks for all the response. Looks like I need to debug this on ipad. But is there any debugging tool for Safari or a iPad simulator for windows that you guys know of? That may be of some help to debug this. Thanks.

Most reactions

Latest posts